Newest Member
    joxey
August pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Isotherm said:

Yeah, agreed. Either way, it appears we're looking at a fairly torrid stretch (5-7 days) when coupling the ambient temperatures with dew points -- it will certainly feel like the temperature is near 100. I agree with your assessment beyond the short term and think the West Atlantic Ridge likely maintains itself in the means through late Aug/early Sept. 

Check out @MJVentrice's Tweet: https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/status/763154299950030849?s=09

Solar noon is really waning. First sign is the northern facing side of car doors (just under the window) don't have sun hitting it during solar noon anymore. I am sure Tippy is thinking about winter soon. Next milestone is shadow length and object height equaling out in very late September. Also setting and rising sun south of due west after autumn equinox. #wewillbeshovelingsoon

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

This summer willl be remembered most of all for he bone dry it is unless things turn rand quickly.

My lawn is green as can be , very lucky here. already AN for August and with the deluge coming think I will remember all the perfect days with Hot temps and low dews. This dog days spell is like I remember early August. Big worm turn coming with wet times then a pattern flip which could rival August 13

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My lawn is green as can be , very lucky here. already AN for August and with the deluge coming think I will remember all the perfect days with Hot temps and low dews. This dog days spell is like I remember early August. Big worm turn coming with wet times then a pattern flip which could rival August 13

Here in the pike corridor from orh east it's dry.  I gave up on my lawn last month.   Your area has benefitted by a fairly consistent pattern of south of Boston in eastern areas convective events.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Here in the pike corridor from orh east it's dry.  I gave up on my lawn last month.   Your area has benefitted by a fairly consistent pattern of south of Boston in eastern areas convective events.

Yeah, most don't realize how dry it's been. My grass hasn't been mowed since around Father's Day. Dormant for weeks. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, most don't realize how dry it's been. My grass hasn't been mowed since around Father's Day. Dormant for weeks. 

Also haven't mowed since some time in June.  Tons of acorns have already been dropping - mostly brown and dried.  This week our large forsythia has started to wilt.  Randolph is up to Phase 3 water restrictions - hand held watering between t and 9 pm.  We dry!

7 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Also haven't mowed since some time in June.  Tons of acorns have already been dropping - mostly brown and dried.  This week our large forsythia has started to wilt.  Randolph is up to Phase 3 water restrictions - hand held watering between t and 9 pm.  We dry!

Haven't mowed since Memorial Day.  Lawrence has yet to reach 2" of rain for the Meteorological summer.

Looks like finally a bit of a drink today.

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Congrats, mowed every week. Yesterday was a perfect day off to mow, lounge swim, mow. Weed whacked. No acorns here as the Oaks barely have leaves from the Gypsy invasion.

dry as a bone here in Cambridge area. ball fields nearby in Somerville are so torched that you can't tell the difference between the infield dirt and outfield grass. i feel bad for fall sports teams who will be getting out on the fields very soon. there will be some very dry, dusty conditions.

5 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

What's the status on your trees?  Have they re-leafed?

Lol I was just posting. Kinda of cool looking almost like someone did a 4 acre prune job. I wish they ate poison ivy , grape vines and bittersweet. Really can see that now. Going to drop 3 oaks 2 maples 2 Aspen in the fall and try to remove the vines etc from the others. Lots of forest management this fall.

Archived