Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voyager

TWC's Dave Schwartz passes away

26 posts in this topic

That sucks.  He was one of my favorite TV mets.  I caught him on TWC a while back and while he didn't look well, he seemed to have a lot of energy.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

That sucks.  He was one of my favorite TV mets.  I caught him on TWC a while back and while he didn't look well, he seemed to have a lot of energy.

Yeah, he didn't look healthy.  Man, that sucks.  I really like him. 

I see the thread was moved. I'm fine with it as I originally was going to put it here, but when I saw what appeared to be sparse activity, I put it in OT where I thought more people would see it.

Very sad news. Dave was one of those rare TWC personalities that truly had a passion for weather.

My favorite memory of him is from the evening of 1/24/2000 -- he was on the air that night as the 0Z data was rolling in and confirming that we weren't having radar hallucinations, that the storm was in fact coming up the coast and not headed OTS. Dave was in full weenie mode that night! 

That does suck. It seemed he always worked late night/overnight on the TWC. I'm a night owl so I seen alot of him. Only 63 and a Philly native...

A long-time favorite.  His easy demeanor, humor, and love of weather were always compelling for this TWC viewer.  His humanity was evident every time he was on air.  What a great TV met.  Dave Schwartz will be missed.  May he rest in peace.

On 7/30/2016 at 9:09 PM, Voyager said:

Sad to hear about this. I didn't even know he was sick. I loved his humorous on camera personality, and he was one of my favorite OCM's back in the day when TWC was still watchable...

https://weather.com/news/news/dave-schwartz-weather-channel-passes-away

No relation to me (also a david schwartz). Although I did want to be like him and be on TWC when I was younger

My favorite OCM.  He had an utterly inimitable style, and was living proof that you didn't really need to be the world's greatest met to be a great OCM.

Just heard the news - man, this chokes me up.  When I was a kid tracking snowstorms, TWC was the only game in town - Dave Schwartz would come on and it felt like he was in your living room giving a friendly weather synopsis.

He was a really nice blend of       knowledge, personability, and a   sprinkling of weather weenie.  He will be fondly remembered.

RIP Dave Schwartz

One of my favorite mets, and definitely one of the most enthusiastic and passionate out there.

I remember watching him in the 90's and early 00's before TWC canned him, though he did later return.

Sounds like it was at least his 3rd bout with cancer, and it's unfortunate.

RIP Dave