joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 16th-17th Floodmageddon

eurojosh

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It almost looks like the rain behind the storms is starting to expand. The rain area looks like it might be becoming heavier. It might just be because it's getting past the radar site

Yeah, I was just pondering that.  Radar returns do seem to be strengthening. 

How much instability did you guys have down there today?

We got up to 94/68 with CAPE around 2000-2500 according to SPC mesoanalysis. The bubble of 2500 was just north and east of us, which helps explain why the storm got stronger just east of here. We also had a couple of shower/storms earlier in the afternoon before the main line that helped keep the line a bit more tame than SE of us. I was also watching that storm in Orange County that had rotation SW of the town of Orange, near Montpelier, lift northeast. Then it made it past US 15 and started turning southeast. :lol: Then it had more rotation near Lake Anna before it was FINALLY tornado warned in Hanover County. Definitely an interesting little storm. Especially since the storm in Madison County earlier that moved in from Page County was heading southeast. Like I said... Interesting to see it turn from NE to SE in Orange County. 

All of Henrico/Richmond area is without power. I drove through two storms coming home up 95 between 815-925First one had penny size hail. The second one, which was the line, was no joke down here. I swear it felt like I may have driven through a tornado. Dodging small trees falling, lightning was nonstop, multiple transformers blowing...tops my scariest drive ever.

This is right outside my place.. don't even think it was that windy here tho. I do sort of recall hearing some commotion in retrospect but barely noticed at time.

https://twitter.com/islivingston/status/743652392718172160

One WeatherBug station had a 41 mph gust... near Fort Reno Park and the River Rd NW / Wisconsin Ave NW intersection. Not sure where the station is place in terms of elevation, though. Most stations in the area had gusts under 30 mph.

One WeatherBug station had a 41 mph gust... near Fort Reno Park and the River Rd NW / Wisconsin Ave NW intersection. Not sure where the station is place in terms of elevation, though. Most stations in the area had gusts under 30 mph.

Ft Reno is highest place in city but that's probably 50 feet lower or so. Is that a public station? Not WTOP is it?

Its so wooded around here. Some of the trees on the hill there have been waiting to go I'd imagine. I almost felt like I shouldn't report it to lwx but eh. We know how this works at this pt heh.

Looks like we got 250 miles of wind reports. It's happening.

Ft Reno is highest place in city but that's probably 50 feet lower or so. Is that a public station? Not WTOP is it?

Its so wooded around here. Some of the trees on the hill there have been waiting to go I'd imagine. I almost felt like I shouldn't report it to lwx but eh. We know how this works at this pt heh.

Looks like we got 250 miles of wind reports. It's happening.

It's not the WTOP one... it's a bit further north. Apparently it's a secret sensor :P At least in that for some reason the data isn't pushed to the public-facing side. The station at WTOP had a peak gust of 27 mph, and the National Cathedral School station a few blocks away from WTOP hit 28 mph.

I was about 2 to 3 miles from the main stuff in Purcellville. We all know Round Hill had wind damage (debate on tornado) - The first storm dumped about a half an inch for me in very little time. The bigger line poured about an inch more. But just a little further north (2 miles) they had 2.7" of rain. I had my own little bubble with about 1.48" total. 

No damage.. just some light flickers! 

Was wild that for about a half an hour as the 2nd storm passed to my Southwest, that there was continuous thunder. I have not heard something like that since I was little and a tornadic storm passed close to my home in South Richmond. If it had been nighttime it would have been quite the light show. 

Archived