Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

35 minutes ago, Jon said:

I remember reading somewhere that the savings isn't worth it for most, and you can find similar deals during late December...unless you're someone who enjoys the rush and excitement (which some do - I've gone and actually enjoyed the "thrill" over the savings years ago.) Overall, doesn't seem worth it, but maybe I'm just getting old... emoji848.png

:)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FallsLake said:

Black Friday shopping. In Kohls and I'm stuck in a line a mile long. Not to get in but to check out. 

Ugh.  I never shop there on Black Friday or after-Christmas sales anymore.  Their checkout process is incredibly slow even on a normal day, and it's much worse on a busy day.  I gave up on them a few years ago when I (foolishly in hindsight) waited 2 hours to check out, in a line that wrapped all the way around to the back of the store.  Never again.

I can't even point to any specific thing.  Their computers are slow, the employees move slowly as well.  It takes them longer to check me out than any other place I shop.  As a result I only go there when I need something and can't find it elsewhere close by without a long long drive or waiting 2+ days for shipping from Amazon or similar.

Went to Walmart, Khols, Belk, and Big Lots. 

Walmart....the most checkouts...and always overstocked at least here locally. Can't move/crowded. Wait time few minutes.

Khols....lines wrapped around the entire store...the least checkouts....the best coupons (2 $10 off no min purchase and 25% off). Wait time a few hours.

Belk....poor deals...no coupons on door buster items (the majority of Black Friday)...little lines. Wait time few minutes.

Big Lots...25% most of the stuff.....sucky....wait time a few minutes.

If anyone wants a new laptop I found a crazy deal on slickdeals.

Lenovo has up to 45% off some of their computers, you can build them how you like - also 45% off warranty as well.

Use this link https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/perksoffer/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/Lenovo:EnterStdAffinity?clickid=WdCTNmyuv3QKyUUQRv3stR5QUkkT8fXmN1-71U0&PID=10451&acid=ww:affiliate:bv0as6&irgwc=1

and type in NJ*PERKSEPP for the passcode

51 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

Purely for kicks.

This was the earliest snow in Tokyo since 1962 (my 24 year old lives there and sent back some amazing footage).

Anyway, - and again - purely for kicks - here's what our winter looked like in '62 - '63.

cd174.64.77.18.329.7.36.8..png

Won't be seeing anomalies like that much anymore if ever.

6 hours ago, oconeexman said:

State champs again! Sorry Phil.

Go Noles...SEC East champs

I never said UF had a chance yesterday, and my TV will NOT be on for Atlanta ....

UF is really banged up though - sort of like this winter looks to be - poorly performing due to injury.

Phil

5 hours ago, pcbjr said:

I never said UF had a chance yesterday, and my TV will NOT be on for Atlanta ....

UF is really banged up though - sort of like this winter looks to be - poorly performing due to injury.

Phil

Yea i wasnt badgering you...i was worried after yall whipped LSU. It blows my mind how bad yalls offense has been the last 4 years. The defense has been really good but get no help. Bama isnt stellar on offense so you never know.

• jburns locked this topic

Archived