Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

Welcome! The more the merrier. If that board is really dead, maybe more will show up once we start getting some real winter storm threats. 

Hopefully, things won't keep getting pushed back 10 days from now over and over again. It looks like the pattern could be good right after Thanksgiving, just in time for the Christmas season. 

Hey Brick, What happened to talk weather? One day it was just gone and obviously it's not looking like it's coming back.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Olhausen said:

Hey Brick! What happened to talk weather? One day it was just gone and obviously it's not looking like it's coming back.

Yeah, looks like it crashed back on Oct 5, and they said they were in the process of moving everything to another server, but it's been down ever since. I went there sometimes just because they have a couple of good posters and to see what they had to say about potential winter and severe storms. Would be nice if they came over here now. It would also be nice if folks like WxSouth and RaleighWx posted here again. 

30 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Yeah, looks like it crashed back on Oct 5, and they said they were in the process of moving everything to another server, but it's been down ever since. I went there sometimes just because they have a couple of good posters and to see what they had to say about potential winter and severe storms. Would be nice if they came over here now. It would also be nice if folks like WxSouth and RaleighWx posted here again. 

I would like to add Larry (GaWx) to the mix on that list as well. He brings a lot of great stats and insight to the board.

My company currently has an office up in Minnesota and they are getting a blizzard tomorrow. This is actually unusual for them from what they said and will certainly help with building a snow pack to our north! I pasted their NWS forecast below.

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 29 by 2pm. Windy, with a north wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

This is in reference to the new water restrictions due to the drought: 

Today’s declaration is driven by an extended period of little or no rain and increasing dryness in the impacted areas,” said EPD Director Richard Dunn. “What’s more, there is little hope for relief as weather forecasters expect an unusually warm, dry winter across most of the state.”

Maybe a repeat of 2011-12 ? Going to be hard to get any snow with it being so warm all winter.

Ok so the slaw was nearly frozen...not sure if it was on ice cubes or just recently thawed in the microwave or what. The Nashville Hot Chicken did not live up to the hype. Very little spice taste but good overall chicken. I was looking more for a juicy sauce not leftover spice grease stains at the bottom. Pizza Hut boneless chicken would put this to shame. 

Overall verdict: 4/10

kfc.jpg

2 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

Ok so the slaw was nearly frozen...not sure if it was on ice cubes or just recently thawed in the microwave or what. The Nashville Hot Chicken did not live up to the hype. Very little spice taste but good overall chicken. I was looking more for a juicy sauce not leftover spice grease stains at the bottom. Pizza Hut boneless chicken would put this to shame. 

Overall verdict: 4/10

kfc.jpg

That's chicken? Wow...disgusting.

• jburns locked this topic

Archived