Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

2 hours ago, NWNC2015 said:

Wiener of the year recipient has it perks. I'm allowed to drive out of the circle for a few hundred yards in the legal gray area as long as I pull the race car back in. 

Unfortunately in your case it doesn't.... Word of advise nobody cares or wants too know about your poop!!! Some of your post are a little extreme. How you haven't been banned or had your posts limited is beyond me. Do us all a solid and don't post unless you can actually contribute something worthy/meaningful not 384hr fantasy maps and descriptions of your sh*t.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, McDowell_Weather said:

Unfortunately in your case it doesn't.... Word of advise nobody cares or wants too know about your poop!!! Some of your post are a little extreme. How you haven't been banned or had your posts limited is beyond me. Do us all a solid and don't post unless you can actually contribute something worthy/meaningful not 384hr fantasy maps and descriptions of your sh*t.

He has been and is getting close to a final banning.

On 11/17/2016 at 11:48 AM, GaStorm said:

I would like to add Larry (GaWx) to the mix on that list as well. He brings a lot of great stats and insight to the board.

Larry and I went over to talkweather along with several other posters because we were tired of some things that were going on here at the time. Those of you that were here then know what I am talking about. Folks were getting into outlandish conflicts and there was just too much drama. 

5 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

It might be for a while. :(

Yup.

I have this theory.

If everyone on this Board paraded and blissfully exuded hopes for a warm winter - no snow, no days below 60º - no nights below 32º - and lauded the pattern and the set up as "what we want all winter" - and just rooted the situation we're in as ideal - in 2 weeks it would be so damn cold that Miami would look like Charlotte and ....

31 minutes ago, Jon said:

Most are going warm in Jan and Feb?? News to me!

All I've heard all fall , wrt upcoming winter was: early start to winter, cold Dec/Jan and spring starts in Feb! Pretty sure I've seen about 90-95 % of winter forecasts saying that. "Front loaded" winter is the new "Strat Warming"!! Lol

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Most are going warm in Jan and Feb?? News to me!

Yeah for the most part. Most call for colder December then it warms up January and spring starts in February pretty much. I don't care if we are cold in December , January , or February. As long as we can get some winter weather for most I don't care which month is the coldest lol. Ideally I think January or February are the best climo months for snow in the SE.

Yeah for the most part. Most call for colder December then it warms up January and spring starts in February pretty much. I don't care if we are cold in December , January , or February. As long as we can get some winter weather for most I don't care which month is the coldest lol. Ideally I think January or February are the best climo months for snow in the SE.

Oh I thought you meant warm Jan-Feb. Front loaded doesn't necessarily mean warm last half of winter, it just means winter gets going early and doesn't linger into March. So Jan-Feb could still be below normal as a whole.

I'm calling for a warm march/early spring but not necessarily a warm February. Although I didn't make a forecast I've mentioned analogs for this year and weak ninas in general torch in March, so it's an easy call.

You're right about Jan-Feb for snow, that's for sure. December snows are pretty rare in the SE so people need to temper expectations. It will take a while, as usual, to get the white stuff in the SE and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't happen until January.

15 minutes ago, Jon said:

Oh I thought you meant warm Jan-Feb. Front loaded doesn't necessarily mean warm last half of winter, it just means winter gets going early and doesn't linger into March. So Jan-Feb could still be below normal as a whole.

I'm calling for a warm march/early spring but not necessarily a warm February. Although I didn't make a forecast I've mentioned analogs for this year and weak ninas in general torch in March, so it's an easy call.

You're right about Jan-Feb for snow, that's for sure. December snows are pretty rare in the SE so people need to temper expectations. It will take a while, as usual, to get the white stuff in the SE and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't happen until January.

I completely agree Jon. Patience is a must lol. Did you see the weeklies today?

I completely agree Jon. Patience is a must lol. Did you see the weeklies today?

Yeah Bob beat me to it, good weeklies but not wildly amazing. More or less like Thursday's. I'm still pumped for December and this winter in general, it will take some horrid model runs to make me not so!

Haven't the weeklies been failing hard since summer? 

Yeah but I essentially explained that a model such as the EPS can only fail for so long. Also, the 10 day EPS score is something like 50% verif at 500mb, so you can imagine what a verification score for the same model run out to 46 days twice weekly would be - bad. That's why it's best to use it as guidance and don't dive head first into the weeklies. Look at other seasonal and daily ensembles, conclude your own opinions, etc. Right now there's no reason not to believe what it's showing as it's not overly cold and it's not like it flipped from last week either - it's steady, for now.

28 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yeah but I essentially explained that a model such as the EPS can only fail for so long. Also, the 10 day EPS score is something like 50% verif at 500mb, so you can imagine what a verification score for the same model run out to 46 days twice weekly would be - bad. That's why it's best to use it as guidance and don't dive head first into the weeklies. Look at other seasonal and daily ensembles, conclude your own opinions, etc. Right now there's no reason not to believe what it's showing as it's not overly cold and it's not like it flipped from last week either - it's steady, for now.

Good explanation, thanks. 

• jburns locked this topic

Archived