joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turned out to be an okay day. Lots of sun, and it made it into the upper 40's.

YIP made it to 50 with no precip at all, just scattered clouds and some overcast, while Bad Axe has been at 24 with moderate snow all day.

In my yard you would literally have no clue that 100 miles away there was a major snow storm occurring.

Sitting at 77, which is the high so far.  Mid-level clouds have moved in the last hour or so, and may have reduced our shot at 80.  Still a tremendous day to say the least.  MLI hit 79 at last check, but it's still possible they may have hit 80 after the climo came out at 4:20.

Muscatine sitting at 82.  Wow.

YIP made it to 50 with no precip at all, just scattered clouds and some overcast, while Bad Axe has been at 24 with moderate snow all day.

In my yard you would literally have no clue that 100 miles away there was a major snow storm occurring.

At 48*F currently, there's still a slim chance that DTW can pop a 50*F reading today.

YIP will always be the warmest no matter what.

As recently as 1pm there was snow on the grass and icicles on the roof, it's now in the 40s...feels cool but in a matter of hours it was a marked change from feeling like mid winter. The front temp contrast is amazing. Today's high will be this evening and tomorrow's high will be shortly after midnight. Both Saturday and tomorrow will have daytime highs in the 30s but the official high will be 40s the frontal timings.

Woe that's crazy stuff!  Landed in IND about 3:30 yesterday from Denver.  We missed the approach 2 times before the pilot could set her down due to the wind.  Wild ride to say the least, but it was fun ;)

No way would I have wanted to fly into Indy with those 55-60 mph surface gusts yesterday without wearing Depends.

Even Pearson with the nipher is at 3cm (1.2") last check. You're in quite the screwhole.

Honestly, I'm okay with it. I wasn't really happy to see the late season snowfall so I'll take an underperformance IMBY. 

Continue to alternate between mood flakes and -SN. West GTA seems to be in the axis of these little dry slots dropping in from the NW. I'd say Pearson-Mississauga and Eastern GTA will do pretty well. Radar has been very consistent since 4 pm.

Up to 1.5" now

Archived