joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models have us socked in with east flow and low clouds all week. Good luck on a sun and fun forecast . I'll take the way way under on that given this hideous setup

Friday they sure do - not really seeing that Wednesday and Thursday though. NE flow but not much moisture.

Sometimes these cutoffs look terrible far out, but then salvage a day or two. Hopefully that happens.

Right - For thus of us unable to let go of the winter that never was (kidding of course...) and/or face the music of July's inevitable arrival ...

your tool of romantic hideout is the GGEM - man, go crawl under the GGEM covers and pretend there's no other world, with that parade of wet snow bomb look it has. 

Firstly, it's obviously off its rocker with that tiny 4 contoured closed low it creates a gravity well out of out off the eastern tip of Long Island, but then it tries to inject 2 ...I dunno, maybe even 3 additional N stream impulses into it along with sufficiently cold 850s to snow blues into the elevations of the interior ..all from D6 through 10.  

Personally I hope for the GFS oper. version, with only 24 hours of Atlantic urine before a much weaker ...non-refitting version settles far enough S to salvage the weekend.  In fact, that's interesting.  It would be a N drift warm up ...obviously killed by seabreezes, but not before the interior cooked (relatively speaking) in April sun next weekend.  Contrasting to the GGEM ai yai yai

Typical spring. I don't count on consistently nice temperatures before Memorial Day and many years not till the solstice. Spring blows here.

It's such a bizarre season. Just as likely to have a day near 80 as a day in the 30s. Maybe not entirely even...

A couple of years ago my warmest temp for the year was in April

So much for that ULL.

truly remarkable, if perhaps untoward tedium for most ... watching the evolution of that phantom in the models. 

Or is/was it ? 

I mean, that thing could come back... I don't think so in this case, tho.  The progressive sort of bias to the flow that we've so enjoyed for much of the last few months is still subtly present and I think as this thing is coming into nearer terms ... might just be seeing that redistribution accordingly. 

Also, the NAO domain handling is piss-poor.  Oh man is that bad.  Look at D6 from 00z (..pick a model) and compare it to random cycle releases over the past 48 hours worth of them and the block has been vastly ranging.  Here, there, nowhere... last night's run is a 'nowhere' one... well, of course, the trough coming into the west then gets carte blanche down wind over the CONUS, because with no blocking anywhere in the NAO domain space there's not much teleconnected argument for depressions back along the EC... hm.  interesting

Archived