Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

wut?

he's actually kinda right - REALLY hate to admit that at any time, but in this case ...heh ...

when there is a weak synoptic NE flow in the interior, it's usually associated with compression from high pressure situated N of the region, but "close" by.  that compaction of the pressure field both heats the air mass proficiently (the intense mid+ April sun notwithstanding), but also prevents the oceanic breezes from penetrating too far inland.  

NE doesn't mean doom for N. CT in this scenario... Boston? that's quite a different story.  Scott will probably be lobbing troll posts from SE Mass until the continental flow really takes over ...after the tuesday cool down later next week, because he's probably going to be butt-sore by relentless Atlantic hate god - muah hahahaha

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's actually kinda right - REALLY hate to admit that at any time, but in this case ...heh ...

when there is a weak synoptic NE flow in the interior, it's usually associated with compression from high pressure situated N of the region, but "close" by.  that compaction of the pressure field both heats the air mass proficiently (the intense mid+ April sun notwithstanding), but also prevents the oceanic breezes from penetrating too far inland.  

NE doesn't mean doom for N. CT in this scenario... Boston? that's quite a different story.  Scott will probably be lobbing troll posts from SE Mass until the continental flow really takes over ...after the tuesday cool down later next week, because he's probably going to be butt-sore by relentless Atlantic hate god - muah hahahaha

Yup..one of those deals where BOS is 55..ORH is 65 ..IJD near Steve is 72 and BDL is 75

I have no idea where he sees that but those 75/45 days are brutal

It's on all guidance. EPS/GEFS..all show big time heat end of month. Met community is certainly talking about it..even if you're not

Big time heat. 00z EPS with mean highs at BDL between 60 and 65 through the end of the month, with 75th percentiles in 70 to 75 range. 

But if we want to stretch it the outliers at the end of the month are 90 and 45!

Big time heat. 00z EPS with mean highs at BDL between 60 and 65 through the end of the month, with 75th percentiles in 70 to 75 range. 

But if we want to stretch it the outliers at the end of the month are 90 and 45!

So in other words, almost dead normal. :lol:

Quoted for posterity . I'll tell you that IMO many places hit 80 or higher in the 25-30 period in the northeast

Now what exactly are we talking about here? The end of the month (April 30th), or a month from now?

Because an 80 by mid May is not exactly going out on a limb for BDL when the average temp is in the low 70s. The average first 80 is actually 4/28.

So what exactly is a big, big heat signal? A slightly above normal high?

Now what exactly are we talking about here? The end of the month (April 30th), or a month from now?

Because an 80 by mid May is not exactly going out on a limb for BDL when the average temp is in the low 70s. The average first 80 is actually 4/28.

So what exactly is a big, big heat signal? A slightly above normal high?

The end of the month where all modeling is signaling a big warmth. The 25th- 30th

The end of the month where all modeling is signaling a big warmth. The 25th- 30th

You didn't answer his question...what is "big warmth"? :lol:

5 days over 80? 1 day out of 5 over 80? Just BDL, right (I assume since we're into spring, BDL is the place we use now)

So vague.

You didn't answer his question...what is "big warmth"? :lol:

5 days over 80? 1 day out of 5 over 80? Just BDL, right (I assume since we're into spring, BDL is the place we use now)

So vague.

What "big warmth" is right.

post-44-0-47507700-1460665599_thumb.png

If anything the GEFS are slightly cooler extremes than the EPS, and slightly warmer means. This just looks like an extended stretch of normal to mild temps.

this all kinda sorta goes along with that whole 'torch' thing we were talking about the other day.  

i liked Brian's approach ... just say a torch has to be +2 or +3 SD or greater, and if it is not, can the hyperbole... 

I don't think popping 70 in April, 80 in May, 90 in June/July really count as much.  

but that's just me

What I'm saying is there is no "big warmth" signal. There is a mild pattern signaled, maybe if you stretch it. Really it's a fairly typical spring pattern modeled. A few outlier ensemble members have well above normal temps for late April, but the vast majority are in the near to just above range. If you wanted to be a Frigidaire there are a few outlier ensemble members well below normal too. 

Based on the EPS and GEFS, it looks like 1 out or 4 or 5 chances that we see BDL over 80 those last few days of the month. I would hardly call that a big warmth signal.

Archived