Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last few summers have been warm overall. Been a persistent ridge just off the east coast.

Warmth hasn't made it up here as much.  Compared to 1981-2010 averages, the local co-op JJA temps:

2011....+0.67....Max..91

2012....+1.78....Max..92

2013....+0.84....Max..91

2014....+0.14....Max..90

2015.....-0.37....Max..89

I'd call it 4 near normal met summers and one AN but not remarkably so.

Warmth hasn't made it up here as much.  Compared to 1981-2010 averages, the local co-op JJA temps:

2011....+0.67....Max..91

2012....+1.78....Max..92

2013....+0.84....Max..91

2014....+0.14....Max..90

2015.....-0.37....Max..89

I'd call it 4 near normal met summers and one AN but not remarkably so.

Summer 2014 was not far from normal at BOS I would say. June 2015 was darn chilly. 

Then we go limp bizkit Tuesday for a couple of days. Maybe some convective graupel or shsn?

After we could really warm up, but that polar pig is right over the border. Gotta watch for BDF potential.

that's my thing ... it almost seems like the models (excuse the anthropogenics) are trying to ride both seasons at the same time.  

"can't figure this f thing out so f it - both happen at the same time! ...problem solved"

that's a sick gradient there along the border states on the la-la range Euro's 00z operational, D10 depiction.  I mean, +13 C to - 10C over like 100 miles... I can understand that at a point or two, but it's like between 100 and 80 W -worth of distance there.   

My guess for correction is that the Euro is way too deep with it "Day After Tomorrow" vortex over central-eastern Canada in that D7-10. 

just in case the bottom 1 percentile takes place ...  what qualifies as 'big heat'  

i've referred to this term before, my self, but that was temperature nearing triple digits pretty explicitly in what i was posting - the Sonoran heat-release stuff.  ...which i won't get into now...

but, that was also a JJA thing...  obviously there has been heat in April and May - but big heat for this time of year...what - say, knock 5 off?

in 1976 there were four consecutive days in the Merrimack Valley that exceeded 90 in April that year, and one of those days was 96 or 97 - I know, I saw the data.  I think in all fairness that would be big heat when giving a nod to climate in April/May.  

thoughts?

in 1976 there were four consecutive days in the Merrimack Valley that exceeded 90 in April that year, and one of those days was 96 or 97 - I know, I saw the data.  I think in all fairness that would be big heat when giving a nod to climate in April/May.  

And that in the 3rd week of April, not at the end.  Then 26 years (less one day) it happened again, with very similar temp sequences thru SNE, though the 2002 heat didn't do much past S. Maine.  For central Maine, big heat in April came in 1990 and 2009, one day visits only, each on the 28th.

And that in the 3rd week of April, not at the end.  Then 26 years (less one day) it happened again, with very similar temp sequences thru SNE, though the 2002 heat didn't do much past S. Maine.  For central Maine, big heat in April came in 1990 and 2009, one day visits only, each on the 28th.

1976 spring break freshmen year, 92 degrees decided to run into the Atlantic and dive, every really freeze your brain? I have

Archived