SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting aside the biased and skewed views based on the utter futility of the season, you have to like the look going forward for some late-season mischief. Whether it's a coating or sonething more significant is anyone's guess but I think accumulating snowfall is a decent possibility during the April 3 - 10 period. Some places may even coat it up with the influx of Arctic air late Saturday night and early Sunday, especially in the higher terrain

I mentioned this the other day.  If the timing is right, we could see some sneaky low temps Monday morning if things wind up correctly.  I'm still not fully convinced, but the potential has been there for a few days now.

I mentioned this the other day.  If the timing is right, we could see some sneaky low temps Monday morning if things wind up correctly.  I'm still not fully convinced, but the potential has been there for a few days now.

Best shot looks to our north in NNE...but definitely worth watching for the squall fetish folks. Euro looked like it even got BOS into some snowsquall activity on Sunday.

I do think the 4/4-4/8 period needs to be watched pretty closely for something potentially more significant. There could be a couple chances there...and the airmass is pretty darned cold too.

Losing the EPO ridge is a warming signal...but, popping another +PNA may very well relay into a + construct of the Perennial North American Pattern (which is to say ... somewhat more amplified version of the static tendency for ridging over the Rockies).

Whatever the discussion is at hand ...that may not exactly connote a warm pattern as the first week of April ages toward the second. 

One thing I am curious about ... the wave lengths as we head into April will begin to shrink hemispheric/seasonally .. .as that happens, I am wondering if the propensity for +PNA could lead to an interval where (unlike pretty much at all times this immediate preceding winter) that could erect a ridge closer to the MT/Dakota longitude.   That position is physically much more conducive to favorable coastal storm tracks in the east...

Of course, we'd have to get that vestigial cold vortex to relax.  That's too much gradient and fast flow as is ... Could maybe get light whisky events and/or some overrunning; rarely those over-produce..true.  But if one is hoping on a exit big kahuna?

Anyway, a little further out in time (speculative off course) there will be just such an opportunity with some rotted late season cold in the mlv (near-by) and possibly a more relaxed PNAP also having the ridge component being bump east of persistence as intimated. 

We'll see...  but that's all 'what it will take' in my mind to see meaningful white before this show's curtain call finally surrenders to the raising of the auditorium lights.  

Some were saying that we were wishcasting talking about an event near the equinox...and it happened. Just because a few of the previous patterns failed, it had no bearing on whether that system was going to fail.

That said, I'm fine with others being checked out...they certainly can be and I get it. I just hope that if a threat does materialize that they don't come into the thread and tell us we shouldn't follow it unless it is a 1997 redux...rather just don't post in the threat thread (should one materialize).

At least I have silently checked out :lol:

No need to be obnoxious....don't have time to, anyway.

12z Euro punches one helluva unstable burst on Saturday morning ... mad mad mid level cooling/height crash with big wind max blowin some 80 kts carving over LI that morning... 

that's gotta be a band or two of interesting if squally snows there. 

EC ensembles are quite a bit more enthusiastic for 4/5 than the OP run was.

They are quite interested in the 4/8 system as well.

Could get one last active period of model watching for a couple of threats next week...we'll have to see as we get closer. Still obviously out in clown range at the moment.

But we have some ingredients there...we have a deeper layer cold airmass in place and the active northern stream.

They are quite interested in the 4/8 system as well.

Could get one last active period of model watching for a couple of threats next week...we'll have to see as we get closer. Still obviously out in clown range at the moment.

But we have some ingredients there...we have a deeper layer cold airmass in place and the active northern stream.

Sounds like Noyes 50's for mid week and beyond next week in trouble

He's having a huge internal struggle right now...DIT can't figure out what to root for.   Does he want Noyes' 50s and sun or does he want rumors of storms and storms?

I don't want to get any hopes up this far out...way too much time for stuff to change....but the 4/8 system looked really tasty on the ensembles for the interior especially. Slow moving trough too...so if there was a possibility at a big dog, that would probably be it.

He's having a huge internal struggle right now...DIT can't figure out what to root for. Does he want Noyes' 50s and sun or does he want rumors of storms and storms?

It's quite fascinating actually. A textbook display of a subject with major issues. Just picture him in a room with glass windows with 10 students observing him as models shift A snowstorm to a warm rainer, or out to sea.

It's quite fascinating actually. A textbook display of a subject with major issues. Just picture him in a room with glass windows with 10 students observing him as models shift A snowstorm to a warm rainer, or out to sea.

He's been going on a tear on Twitter. It's like he's talking to himself and just desperate for someone to validate his extreme thoughts.

Archived