Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EPO tumbles ... cold dumps into Canada...   

PNA remains elevated - parlays to periodic height bulging into the west.  

Depending on the flavor of that western height SD, whether it is biased west or east determines a lot.  Cold will exhaust as EPO is progged to neutralize and even reverse some (that's code for ridge responsible for cold dumping going away).  Without that source, Canada will eventually warm up - but so long as we the Pac keeps injecting waves over N/A and those wave have to pass through the gradient between Canadian cold and spring trying to take over farther south, there should be interesting events during that slow drain/exhaustion of chill.  

that's the basic concept for the next 10 days to 2 weeks.   

I'm no different than any other poster on here. Lover of weather, extreme events, get excitable and amped tracking and anticipation.. Then weenieing out as the event unfolds. I just express my feelings more than others because I am not socially inept as some here are (they know who they are)

KGW

Maybe these operational appeals of neutralizing thickness gradients over all, ..out there beyond this week, finally ends this thing. We've already had an 80 F day, yet, ya never really got the sensation it was over - perhaps because it was only March; perhaps that and the fact that said gradients and heights et all still had huge slopes, ridges and valleys. 

In other words, any erstwhile warm ups were produced by anomalies more so than our side of hemisphere's atmosphere finally giving it up.  

God I hope so..  But both the Euro and GFS seem to flip the neutralization switch right around the end of this week. I look for this ever year in the runs, and usually it's the first or 2nd week of April when it occurs.  It's hard to describe what that means ... but it's like cold anomalous short duration things can still transpire, but it's more like a seasonal collapse where larger scaled organized cold events are done.

It's still a loathsome month, but at least we there's a better and more realistic chance to sans winter, but good. 

i'm curious if this will actually kill what's opened.. I have most brushes popped open out this way. 

Tonight and tomorrow night are gonna be pretty damned cold...esp tomorrow night. Anything that can't tolerate more than a marginal freeze is probably gone.

Archived