• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid week Morch

Damage In Tolland

Just read some of that article. Big bag of WTF right there. They're comparing 1 day to a 5 month analysis and extrapolating it to the beginning of human civilization. LOL

It's out of control. Unfortunately this is what people read on a daily basis, who not know any better.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what does that statement mean...   The NH temp has been above 2 C for thousands of years - 

Well I'm not really a climate guy and you guys know alot more than me but I guess we could agree that this past week has been a very warm one for the northern hemisphere as a whole.  I just posted cause it showed we are not alone in having warm weather.

"A daily analysis of global temperatures shows that the Northern Hemisphere likely exceeded 2 degrees Celsius above "normal" around March 1, 2016, when measuring from pre-industrial levels."

February was a very warm month globally, however, with even the generally cooler satellites showing a large spike. UAH came in at +0.83C and RSS at +0.97C, both record values. The global warmth, especially in the N HEM, seems to be continuing into March. It should go on for a while as the Nino is slow to decay.

65F (18C) today at BDL with +6C 850s. Tomorrow climbs up to around 11-12C by 21z. With better mixing they should soar well into the 70s. Near 80F really wouldn't shock me although I'd probably stick around 77-78F for the hot spot.

Ssshhh, don't tell Ctvalleyman.. Let's let him think 70-71 he's been forecasting will do it

High temp of 58F so far at the base of the ski resort. Down in the valley we are still under the inversion so it's 40s.

Figure out when the inversion broke and the wind mixed out.

Textbook....mid 40s at H85 all night, with 40kt winds. When that mixed down to 1,500ft the inversion broke, winds gusted 20-30mph and temp jumped to mid-50s with a 5F/1000ft lapse rate.

Archived