Newest Member
    joxey
Mid week Morch

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ORH to 74F....I was wrong on them.

This is the most super adiabatic you'll ever see an airmass around here.

My guess is we're just mixing higher than models anticipated. No snow cover and no foliage helps. BDL is going to end up with a high of around 28C. That would be a theta of 301K...using model forecast soundings and going fully dry adiabatically puts that level around 800mb.

My guess is we're just mixing higher than models anticipated. No snow cover and no foliage helps. BDL is going to end up with a high of around 28C. That would be a theta of 301K...using model forecast soundings and going fully dry adiabatically puts that level around 800mb.

The soundings look like they are mixing to about 850...but go super adiabatic below about 925.

Maybe the soundings are wrong...but that is crazy looking in the lowest 3000 feet.

The soundings look like they are mixing to about 850...but go super adiabatic below about 925.

Maybe the soundings are wrong...but that is crazy looking in the lowest 3000 feet.

That was my point...I think the model soundings are wrong. I think the 18z analysis has to account for actual 2m temps so you get a crazy jump in that BL. We'll see what the 00z RAOBs look like compared to the progs later.

How can you not get excited for temps? In Morches like this where winter just ends for good early.its either this or 43 and sunny

I can understand how some find it boring, but we may never see BDL hit 80F this early again in our lifetimes. If you're a numbers guy I think you'd find it impressive.

Archived