joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid week Morch

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with 60-70. Give me 80 in April or even better....May. Other than windows down, can't even take advantage of this. Everything still closed. Yard muddy. Patio furniture inside.

Also true, haha.  67F today with some sun was just about perfect.  80F is just downright hot.

High temp records for next Wed/Thu

CON 67 (2000) / 72 (1878)

BOS 72 (2000) / 71 (1878)

BDL 72 (2000) / 70 (2006)

PVD 66 (2002) / 69 (1977)

ORH 74 (2000) / 65 (2006)

PWM 55 (2012) / 62 (1878)

BTV 66 (2002) / 63 (2002)

I'm guessing if the other sites went back to 1878 they'd have their record on that date too.

Actuals

CON 77R

BOS 77R

BDL 81R

PVD 70R

ORH 74R-tie

PWM 66R

BTV 68R

I'm fine with 60-70. Give me 80 in April or even better....May. Other than windows down, can't even take advantage of this. Everything still closed. Yard muddy. Patio furniture inside.

Yard muddy?? Lol. I find that hard to believe. It's as dry as can be all around here. Hard pressed to find any mud anywhere. Yard raked completely . Flowerbeds blown out from leaves blowing into them all winter.

Don't get me wrong, it was nice today.....but false hopes.

Well I hope people don't think 70's and 80's from here on out. If they do then that's just # drunkenbehavior . But expecting mostly 50's and 60's the next 10 days is certainly the way to go. It's still an AN pattern thru day 10. That 20th- 25th period is the last chance of anything normal before its right back up again

Teens? And sure it would. Heck H85 wetbulbs are around 40F.

attachicon.gifimage.gif

there's no way the llv's can atone for that moisture input do to these temperatrures and guarantee you that 40 F is closer to the surface than just 850 --- 

the temp is always closer to the DP than the other way around, and the dryness in the vertical mixes straight to the surface when attempting to saturate this desert air.  

Don't get me wrong, it was nice today.....but false hopes.

not sure I get that affectation ...or need for it - 'false hope'

there was nothing to hope about it.  It was 75 80 everywhere.  I don't think anyone is unclear on the idea that it's not even the ides of March and this is a fleeting occurrence.  

Also, folks .. Saturday looks pretty spectacular still.  900 mb still in that +5 or 6 range in light west wind and if anything, less atmospheric aerosols means deeper blue and hotter sun.  It may carry over into the first half of Sunday with huge diurnal recovery prior to what's likely to be a deep penetrating sea front... 

Next week, agreed... Looks dicey with that negatively tilted weak bag of 500mb troughing tending to glum up the works 

not sure I get that affectation ...or need for it - 'false hope'

there was nothing to hope about it. It was 75 80 everywhere. I don't think anyone is unclear on the idea that it's not even the ides of March and this is a fleeting occurrence.

Also, folks .. Saturday looks pretty spectacular still. 900 mb still in that +5 or 6 range in light west wind and if anything, less atmospheric aerosols means deeper blue and hotter sun. It may carry over into the first half of Sunday with huge diurnal recovery prior to what's likely to be a deep penetrating sea front...

Next week, agreed... Looks dicey with that negatively tilted weak bag of 500mb troughing tending to glum up the works

It basically means general public gets ready for spring and warm weather, not realizing its March 9th.

Archived