Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4 Winter Storm Threat

RubiksDestroyer

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looks really good for NE GA.

yes it does - looks great.  this is the heaviest snow i have seen in a while - the flakes are huge.  just measured again and at about 2.5"

at this point there is actually a shot at 3" - who would have thought in early march after this abysmal winter lol

James I'm back home in reidsville how do you think we'll fair tonight and tomorrow morning?

It just doesn't look like enough precip to me.  I guess we'll see, though.  I think we should see some wet flakes, but I just don't see accumulating snow at this point, though I obviously hope I am wrong.

It just doesn't look like enough precip to me. I guess we'll see, though. I think we should see some wet flakes, but I just don't see accumulating snow at this point, though I obviously hope I am wrong.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Seems like that is the story of the winter for me

Switched back over to white rain as soon as the rates dropped. Oh well, it was beautiful while it lasted. Definitely an over performer based off what the models were showing for this area.  

I'll have to hand it to the 4km NAM as it kept having an area of accumulations over north Georgia in spite of the scorching surface temperatures. Turns out it's clown map was as the closest to reality for that area.. lol.

Archived