joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sun has enabled temps to shoot into the 60s here. 

Tomorrow will be interesting with plenty of bust potential for temps.  Can make an argument for anything from the low 40s to low 60s imby depending on where the front is and cloud cover.  Not feeling optimistic about the warm side given the southward nudges on the models and looking at the frontal placement toward the end of the HRRR/RAP runs.

Tomorrow will be interesting with plenty of bust potential for temps.  Can make an argument for anything from the low 40s to low 60s imby depending on where the front is and cloud cover.  Not feeling optimistic about the warm side given the southward nudges on the models and looking at the frontal placement toward the end of the HRRR/RAP runs.

Welp, 43 degrees here currently.  Did warm into the upper 40s earlier when the sun was out. 

51 today.  The snow was toast by early afternoon.  Was a nice farewell to winter I guess.  Snow-wise that is.

Grass definitely grew after all that precip.  Looks like I'll be mowing next week.  Have even more sticks to pick up after the recent wind.  You'd think there'd be nothing left but short stumps after all the twigs and branches that have come down over the winter lol.  

51 today.  The snow was toast by early afternoon.  Was a nice farewell to winter I guess.  Snow-wise that is.

Grass definitely grew after all that precip.  Looks like I'll be mowing next week.  Have even more sticks to pick up after the recent wind.  You'd think there'd be nothing left but short stumps after all the twigs and branches that have come down over the winter lol.  

Snow was gone by morning...that rain ate the rest away last night...not like we had much to start with.  Cool and cloudy up here but no rain.

46F

Think we'll see some low 60Fs by mid week.

I ate way too much food/snacks. 

Easter is the holiday with the most variable weather in Detroit, not only because of how volatile and changeable spring weather is, but also it has fallen anywhere from March 21 - Apr 25.

The Top 5 Easter extreme temps for Detroit, snowcover thrown in as bonus.

5 warmest Easter high temps

1941 – 87F (Apr 13)

1977 – 86F (Apr 10)

1976 – 84F (Apr 18)

1962 – 82F (Apr 22)

1986 – 81F (Mar 30)

5 coldest Easter low temps

1940 –  6F (Mar 24)

1923 – 14F (Apr 1)

2008 – 19F (Mar 23)

1894 – 20F (Mar 25)

1948 – 20F (Mar 28)

There have been 6 "White Easters" (1” or more snow on ground) on record

1883 – 2” (Mar 25)

1920 – 3” (Apr 4)

1926 – 1” (Apr 4)

1940 – 1” (Mar 24)

2007 – 1” (Apr 7)
2008 – 3” (Mar 23)

We're struggling to reach the mid 40s behind the system.  We didn't get rain, but clouds are thick.

Really couldn't ask for a worse Easter than this weatherwise, lol.  Steady, cold rain with a temp of 40.  Absolutely miserable out there.  I'll take the highs in the 20s/dry weather next weekend compared to this crap.  

0.19" of rain so far.

Really couldn't ask for a worse Easter than this weatherwise, lol.  Steady, cold rain with a temp of 40.  Absolutely miserable out there.  I'll take the highs in the 20s/dry weather next weekend compared to this crap.  

0.19" of rain so far.

I can't believe the difference between there and here. Absolutely gorgeous here. Hit at least 73° (way overperformed). Some alto stratus just now beginning to move in ahead of the rain. Couldn't ask for a better Easter Sunday.

I can't believe the difference between there and here. Absolutely gorgeous here. Hit at least 73° (way overperformed). Some alto stratus just now beginning to move in ahead of the rain. Couldn't ask for a better Easter Sunday.

Man that sounds outstanding.  Definitely enjoy the heck out of that.

Finished with 0.20" of rain.  Still maintaining the steel gray skies.  We're up to 3.09" of precip for the month.

Archived