joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, it has always pissed me off when people look down on others based on their professions, especially from behind a keyboard. A few posters on here do it, but Allsnow is one of the best posters on the site, and has a ton of knowledge.

Really pissed me off that Animal stooped to such low insults. Its really disgusting.

Maybe i went over the top, but i do not regret it.

Yea, it has always pissed me off when people look down on others based on their professions, especially from behind a keyboard. A few posters on here do it, but Allsnow is one of the best posters on the site, and has a ton of knowledge.

Really pissed me off that Animal stooped to such low insults. Its really disgusting.

Maybe i went over the top, but i do not regret it.

Only hitting below the belt.

I respect him.

Why can't modeled big snowstorms ever lock in at even 48 hours out? Inland runners always lock in even at 240 hours out. Humiliating.

I think part of it is that when we're dealing with an inland runner, we know that we are probably not getting any snow from it. Therefore, when the models shift west a couple hundred miles, we don't track how Far East the snow will get. However, a 200 mile shift with a storm offshore could mean the difference between a blizzard and and flurries or clear skies

Next two weeks look active but progressive, meaning no big storms but chances at precipitation with at least two cutters.

The Euro had around 0.50-0.75" of rain for Thursday into Friday and then around an inch or so for Sunday.

LOL

Absolutely ripping sunshine and blue skies up here now, my less than double digit snowfall season still intact!  :sizzle:  

LOL

Absolutely ripping sunshine and blue skies up here now, my less than double digit snowfall season still intact!  :sizzle:  

I can't think of a single model that did really well with this storm. At one point, all the models were too wet and too dry. The GFS probably did the best out of the major guidance with the Euro/GGEM and UKMET doing the worst. Major fail by the EPS which used to be legendary at the 72-96hr range.

Lol this storm was progged to be a big snowstorm for us 3 days prior, so much time wasted model watching for a minor event

How can you blame people for getting excited when you had the GGEM/UKMET/ECMWF and EPS all showing a big storm three days out?

Most people pulled the plug on Saturday. A few weenies held on till the end and went down with the ship.

Agreed-a week of tracking for what was a car topper/gone by noon for most.  Oh well.

The Euro has been having a rough go of it on storm track forecasts. My guess is that the unusually strong

northern branch of the jet for an El Nino is giving it a hard time. All the record  heavy rain in the Pacific NW 

is more like a La Nina when the Euro can struggle. Even last January it incorrectly had the clipper blizzard

too far west like this event. Another famous miss in a strong Pac Jet was the March 2009 blizzard

which never materialized. We can also throw in the Boxing Day miss in a La Nina pattern.

Archived