Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

d10 euro op strikes again.

I know the frustration and hands-throwing have long since reached a fair and just fever pitch ...  still, that interval of time has been flagged for a number of days. 

...obviously you know that ... just sayin' 

Though there have been louder signals amid the teleconnections in the past, unfortunately maintaining an objective vigil doesn't allow us to 86 any scenario.   

It may just break along seasonal persistence to Lakes cut ... true, but if there is any hope for snow at all before the seasons truly do flip the script I feel this upcoming may be the last hurrah - as if there were ever ANY hurray to begin with. hahaha. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looks interesting to me after next weekend, especially CNE and NNE. Faux Spring got some shook. He ain't a Spring son...he's just a shook one. 

well, ...heh, in fairness it's spring Scott. 

It's just that spring is a serrated affair, with sometimes violent ups and downs, but certainly irregularities along a longer term recovery, and always has been.  I don't think I ever recall "smooth" transition - that's like a the perfect 10 woman.  It's only a theoretical and cannot exist in real nature - hahahaha.

seriously though, snow storms are a part of spring over eastern N/A, and N of the Del Marva

So nice to be liberated from snow giving a crap season. Ironically I won't be surprised to see one more threat but the wx this week has been a gift that unfortunately just can't keep giving this early. One thing I'm even more clear on than ever....cold blows. Give me a snowy winter with above normal temps (I know...not likely). Looking forward to a potentially hot summer. Love me above normal summer temps. Roosters crying for their mamas...

So nice to be liberated from snow giving a crap season. Ironically I won't be surprised to see one more threat but the wx this week has been a gift that unfortunately just can't keep giving this early. One thing I'm even more clear on than ever....cold blows. Give me a snowy winter with above normal temps (I know...not likely). Looking forward to a potentially hot summer. Love me above normal summer temps. Roosters crying for their mamas...

Amen. Hope ginxy gets a snow event at SR though.

HHH blows

I personally love it but I'm not in the majority. Skin does much better when it's humid. I suspect we'll have our share of 95/68 days this summer.

working in it sucks, would also rather have my windows open smelling cool Canadian air rather than having the AC blasting which is horrible for your skin. Long long time before that.

working in it sucks, would also rather have my windows open smelling cool Canadian air rather than having the AC blasting which is horrible for your skin. Long long time before that.

I can deal with dry heat, humidity is the pits. I dunno how people live in Florida. I went to Miami last summer and the dewpoint was 80 with temps in the 90's, I felt like I was going to die, just unbearable

Try working outside in the heat with long pants and alot of equipment on. Terrible.

I know but seriously on the hottest days humane companies allow some latitude for their outdoor workers.

Try working outside in the heat with long pants and alot of equipment on. Terrible.

Yeah I always feel for the law enforcement officers out there in head to toe black or dark uniforms, with utility belt, radio, etc...at 90/70 that's gotta suck even writing speeding tickets on the side of the road. I'd be less inclined to get out of my cruiser, haha.

Working outdoors is what got me to loathe those days. Nothing like heavy labor with dews in the 70s. Phuck that.

Working for Gentle Giant moving company pre-NWS...nothing quite like those days where you get called into BOS for some 6th floor walk-up on a 90/70 type afternoon.

Working for Gentle Giant moving company pre-NWS...nothing quite like those days where you get called into BOS for some 6th floor walk-up on a 90/70 type afternoon.

I did that (different company) for years. Loved the minimally clad ladies in my age cohort as I sweated from job to job. Loved it in the 60s.

I did that (different company) for years. Loved the minimally clad ladies in my age cohort as I sweated from job to job. Loved it in the 60s.

Some things haven't changed over the years.

EPS Still stout in the snow dept for NNE especially White/Maine Mountains to Caribou. Monday night dealio for CNE

Solid signal for many in our area both Monday and towards the equinox for a net gain.

I can deal with dry heat, humidity is the pits. I dunno how people live in Florida. I went to Miami last summer and the dewpoint was 80 with temps in the 90's, I felt like I was going to die, just unbearable

I actually like it near the coast with a nice, persistent breeze. I'm not sure I could handle those dead hot airmasses in the interior SE at the peak of summer though.

I think there might be some wet snow and sleet mixed in Monday right down to hartford springfield...no accums but might see a few flakes

It's over.

I meant, verbatim there is enough dry air around when the DGZ saturates that I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sleet with temps in the upper 30s or something like that.

I love working outside in the heat/humidity. You get all sweaty, feel like you're going to pass out...then you go home, take off your sweaty and sticky clothes and take a shower and then when you come out...OMG that feeling.

But I'm so glad the nice weather is here...feels great not to have to run out of the hot tub to get back inside

Archived