• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

In other years where the pattern allows for it, sure. No arguments there. In fact, I'd be driving that bus.. But this was not New england's winter, and pattern persistence says we are done. We're not just going to whip up a magic 8 ball snowstorm in a warm pattern.

The last week of March 1997 was well above average as well.  Save for one December storm, we had less snowfall that winter than we did this winter.  I'm all for persistence but if everything was persistent, weather patterns wouldn't change and we wouldn't have events like October 2012 that are anomalous in their patterns.  I'm just saying that you can't say it will never happen.  You never know.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Dendrite had to call you out yesterday. You are doing everything in your power to try and wish cold and snow in a warm pattern. It's spring and it's an Above normal pattern for the rest of the month sans a few day period of normal.

Wishing cold and snow and getting emotional about it isn't going to change what's shaping up to be an exceptional AN month of Morch

Deal With It

-Cosgrove

Man you are out of control. You had others including Will say the same. Learn models.

Even Dendrite had to call you out yesterday. You are doing everything in your power to try and wish cold and snow in a warm pattern. It's spring and it's an Above normal pattern for the rest of the month sans a few day period of normal.

Wishing cold and snow and getting emotional about it isn't going to change what's shaping up to be an exceptional AN month of Morch

Deal With It

-Cosgrove

The opposite is true as well.  Wishing it to be constantly 30° above normal isn't going to change what is going to happen.

Personally, I wish the cooler period was coming next week but I can't change that.  I'm still getting good sap for my maple season but by the time things cool off the trees may be done and I'm stuck losing out.  It's the nature of the beast though!

Deal With It

-Cosgrove

You don't seem to understand how spring snowfalls work...all it takes is a FROPA and well timed shortwave.

I bet if you looked almost snowfalls in the second half of March or early April, most would have had a few mild days preceeding it.

Theres a trough coming in that has some potential.

Doesn't have to mean people have to lock in snows or say there's absolutely no chance. We know the KFS doesn't like uncertainty, that it prefers to be told either yes it will snow, or no it won't.

Kevin, you are completely off the rails.

Trying to squash discussion of a snow event in some period around or after the Equinox when the pattern could clearly support it just ridiculous. It's fine to say you may not think it will happen...but to suggest that we aren't looking at models or a forecasted pattern correctly is laughably ignorant.

Why does everything have to be an extreme or a black and white forecast? That isn't how metrology works and it has never been how it works. Take a break from the forum or simply remove yourself from these particular pattern threads if you can't handle the nuances of pattern discussion and recognition.

Hey guess what? A snowstorm probably won't happen in your backyard. But speaking in certainties is the same is guessing with no scientific basis.

Kevin, you are completely off the rails.

Trying to squash discussion of a snow event in some period around or after the Equinox when the pattern could clearly support it just ridiculous. It's fine to say you may not think it will happen...but to suggest that we aren't looking at models or a forecasted pattern correctly is laughably ignorant.

Why does everything have to be an extreme or a black and white forecast? That isn't how metrology works and it has never been how it works. Take a break from the forum or simply remove yourself from these particular pattern threads if you can't handle the nuances of pattern discussion and recognition.

Hey guess what? A snowstorm probably won't happen in your backyard. But speaking in certainties is the same is guessing with no scientific basis.

Great post.

Give him a time out why don't ya...he is always like this...shootin his mouth of like he knows more than the Pros.  You guys tolerate way to much BS from him...Period!!

Hope it's right for Will's sake then. Seems like he needs it. But ill continue in spring mode . I mean God forbid folks are allowed to discuss spring weather while still acknowledging NNE is in the game still

Except if you actually reads your posts...you aren't doing that. Stop with your straw men. You basically called out is for not being able to read models saying that the pattern doesn't show any potential.

Except if you actually reads your posts...you aren't doing that. Stop with your straw men. You basically called out is for not being able to read models saying that the pattern doesn't show any potential.

Thats not true at all. Link the post where I brought your name up. I was having a discussion with Scooter and then you lost it on me.

Hope it's right for Will's sake then. Seems like he needs it. But ill continue in spring mode . I mean God forbid folks are allowed to discuss spring weather while still acknowledging NNE is in the game still

You do realize that it snows in the spring in SNE too, right?  We are all in spring mode and that means a variety of weather from snow to heat.  It doesn't mean that it has to be 80° every day.

You do realize that it snows in the spring in SNE too, right? We are all in spring mode and that means a variety of weather from snow to heat. It doesn't mean that it has to be 80° every day.

Sure. It snows all the time In the spring of the setup is right. 100% on the same page. And if we see the right setup modeled then it could this year or any other year. Unfortunately we're just not seeing that currently. But that could always change

Sure. It snows all the time In the spring of the setup is right. 100% on the same page. And if we see the right setup modeled then it could this year or any other year. Unfortunately we're just not seeing that currently. But that could always change

Actually, according to you we are 100% done and that the pattern is set and persistent and it will not change and there are no changes possible.  You can't have it both ways and say that we are out and the pattern won't allow it to snow here any more and claim it can change.  Like others have said, it's not black or white (hot or cold/snowy or not).

Actually, according to you we are 100% done and that the pattern is set and persistent and it will not change and there are no changes possible. You can't have it both ways and say that we are out and the pattern won't allow it to snow here any more and claim it can change. Like others have said, it's not black or white (hot or cold/snowy or not).

Well since I was accused of straw man.. I was trying to keep that poster happy. But my opinion is south of Route 2 is done with accumulating snow. That doesn't mean it's right. It's simply my opinion

Same could be said of November, December, January, February...

Thats not true at all. Link the post where I brought your name up. I was having a discussion with Scooter and then you lost it on me.

Scooter said the exact same thing as me so you are saying my analysis was incorrect by default.

It's fine...keep the extremes and black and white statements coming. They have no credibility though just if you still weren't aware.

Archived