joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think folks are done with threats until they can see the whites of its eyes.

Its March, and we all know anything can happen, but you are completely correct in that people are done with day 10 patterns that look conducive.  It's been a long season of doing that this year, with very lil to show for it.  

This will likely do the same thing as the others, but in the rare case that it keeps looking decent as we close in, I think most will do what you said regarding the "Whites of it's eyes."    We've been teased so many times with good looks, and have come up empty most times.  

Just ignoring that March 18-25 has some potential would be foolish, odds favor CNE/NNE if it anything materializes but let's not pretend we are full blown spring just yet, Yes,it has been an absolute torch and yes it will cool down but still be AN until around the 17th,18th bit in my mind the book isn't completely closed.

Those few holding out some thin razor of hopeful despair..that just maybe a snowstorm will magically appear in a mild to warm overall pattern

New England has a shot of course, as they always do, but I'm sure the wishcasting will take hold, full force next week by the usual suspects in the NYC area and a 37+ page thread will ensue for a rain event....

Those few holding out some thin razor of hopeful despair..that just maybe a snowstorm will magically appear in a mild to warm overall pattern

Well, this time of season does not require a great pattern owed to shortening wave lengths, but the pattern looks to grow more conducive, anyway.

I'm not supporting the idea of a snowstorm, but it would not shock me.

North of Rt 2 or elevation over 1K possibly. Where most folks live in SNE .... not likely this year I daresay.

We have a ton of posters in here in the interior at elevation or north of your rt 2 boundary. But even on the CP we are well before the average last date of measurable snow.

We have a ton of posters in here in the interior at elevation or north of your rt 2 boundary. But even on the CP we are well before the average last date of measurable snow.

The way things have transpired this winter and with apology to Johnny Mathis ... "  Chances are your chances aren't awfully good "

Archived