Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All nocturnal.

I think number 2 would be last year's blizzard for me.....#3 is def. Dec 1992.

I would have to take January 2005 as #2.

Despite whatever Logan reported there was well over 30" in much of Cambridge and Somerville.

I remember Feb 1978 and April 82 but was too young to really geek out about it.

Here's what the EPS from Mid Feb had for this week..I mean it couldn't have been any worse if it tried..that's why any cold advertised later this month should be looked at as highly..highly special..especially since the weeklies don't show anything like it

post-564-0-36139200-1457615784.png

Yeah the eps totally puked on itself in the last week of Feb on its forecast for the second week of March. It did end up correcting it about 10 days later.

Yeah the eps totally puked on itself in the last week of Feb on its forecast for the second week of March. It did end up correcting it about 10 days later.

Instead of the MASSIVE WAR we have..it showed the opposite lol. I still believe nothing worse than a few days of normal temps Morch 20-25th..which equates to temps around 50 if sunny

Instead of the MASSIVE WAR we have..it showed the opposite lol. I still believe nothing worse than a few days of normal temps Morch 20-25th..which equates to temps around 50 if sunny

by then, averages are 50 are better for most of us, so agree, big deal.   Looks transient anyway (if it shows up at all) and then it's back to the regularly scheduled torch.

Here's what the EPS from Mid Feb had for this week..I mean it couldn't have been any worse if it tried..that's why any cold advertised later this month should be looked at as highly..highly special..especially since the weeklies don't show anything like it

post-564-0-36139200-1457615784.png

And also that is from 2/25. Srfc temps were warm everywhere. You continue to be in model reading SPED class.

It was still god awful.   :blink:

That wasn't a bad forecast. It was warm everywhere which is what will happen. Trough in Mexico ansd trough off PAC NW.  The ridge anomalies could be shifted several hundred miles east, but that is not far from actuality. Bottom line, it was a warm look. 

That wasn't a bad forecast. It was warm everywhere which is what will happen. Trough in Mexico ansd trough off PAC NW.  The ridge anomalies could be shifted several hundred miles east, but that is not far from actuality. Bottom line, it was a warm look. 

I'd agree-certainly wasn't a cold look and tough to find this kind of extreme warmth that far out.  It underdid the WAR which has been the problem since late Jan

I would have to take January 2005 as #2.

Despite whatever Logan reported there was well over 30" in much of Cambridge and Somerville.

I remember Feb 1978 and April 82 but was too young to really geek out about it.

There was def. a max are from about Somerville, Everett, over through the north shore that I remember.

That storm is was relatively mundane for me, last 2 hours not withstanding.....best ending of them all.

The beginning and end were great here.

There was a fronto band that set up over me early in the evening, and I raced out to about 9" of Styrofoam..

The middle was lame.

Incorrect this was the eps 10 days before march 4th first image 

The second image is what it had on march 4th 

post-570-0-52487400-1457633042_thumb.jpg

post-570-0-57153400-1457633095_thumb.jpg

Archived