joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way things have transpired this winter and with apology to Johnny Mathis ... " Chances are your chances aren't awfully good "

Well I wouldn't forecast based on the results of what happened in some different pattern in February or early March. There's a solid chance nothing happens...esp in SE MA or the CT Valley...but I'm going to follow it as leong as the pattern looks pretty favorable....particularly for interior MA up through NNE.

Well I wouldn't forecast based on the results of what happened in some different pattern in February or early March. There's a solid chance nothing happens...esp in SE MA or the CT Valley...but I'm going to follow it as leong as the pattern looks pretty favorable....particularly for interior MA up through NNE.

Point taken. It should work out for the Ginxter with his annual pilgrimage to the wilds of Maine.

Look what happen today, even in Torchton.

And I've already stated that my thoughts are exclusive of rain as I feel the low will have departed by than and we will have return flow coming from the SW.

:lol:

What a death blow.

Riveting temp talk, I know.   :axe:

Better than discussing faux day 10 snow threats this time of year.   :sled:

Well, this time of season does not require a great pattern owed to shortening wave lengths, but the pattern looks to grow more conducive, anyway.

I'm not supporting the idea of a snowstorm, but it would not shock me.

I'll disagree there. The cold never makes it east of the Apps..I'm not saying Maine  or N VT won't get a storm..but from about Rt 2 south is certainly done

Well, this time of season does not require a great pattern owed to shortening wave lengths, but the pattern looks to grow more conducive, anyway.

I'm not supporting the idea of a snowstorm, but it would not shock me.

I'm on the same page as you...it would be silly to discount the idea of snow in March in New England (even April), but there's the nagging background seasonal tendency to make everything fail so not holding my breath.

But that's a pretty solid trough that looks to develop with very cold air nearby around the weekend of the 19th-20th.

I'll disagree there. The cold never makes it east of the Apps..I'm not saying Maine  or N VT won't get a storm..but from about Rt 2 south is certainly done

Average date for out last measurable snow is 3/26 and 4/13 for a trace.  Just because you have one 30+ departure day doesn't mean that it won't snow after that.  We've had legitimate heat waves in the past followed by snow.

Average date for out last measurable snow is 3/26 and 4/13 for a trace.  Just because you have one 30+ departure day doesn't mean that it won't snow after that.  We've had legitimate heat waves in the past followed by snow.

In other years where the pattern allows for it, sure. No arguments there. In fact, I'd be driving that bus.. But this was not New england's winter, and pattern persistence says we are done. We're not just going to whip up a magic 8 ball snowstorm in a warm pattern.

You really need to learn how to view models. 

Even Dendrite had to call you out yesterday. You are doing everything in your power to try and wish cold and snow in a warm pattern. It's spring and it's an Above normal pattern for the rest of the month sans a few day period of normal.

Wishing cold and snow and getting emotional about it isn't going to change what's shaping up to be an exceptional AN month of Morch

Deal With It

-Cosgrove

Archived