Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have some decent cold in the Midwest that tries to come east. Nothing insane though here, but if low pressure would be positioned right, it would be sufficient.

Yep and a frigid airmass just lurking to the north and northwest...get a nicely timed s/w or two and that can easily produce snow events. I obviously wouldn't be calling for them at this point, but with the Faux spring underway today, it shouldn't shock anyone if we got an event down the line with that pattern.

Yep and a frigid airmass just lurking to the north and northwest...get a nicely timed s/w or two and that can easily produce snow events. I obviously wouldn't be calling for them at this point, but with the Faux spring underway today, it shouldn't shock anyone if we got an event down the line with that pattern.

looks great

Funny talking about snow and cold chances and seeing everyone's observations below their avatar being like 70-80F.  Moosup 78F, ORH 74F, etc.

I'd be shocked if it didn't snow again this season... just a matter of when, not if.  Just funny seeing those current temperatures and then looking at snow threats.  Its like December again, haha.

Funny talking about snow and cold chances and seeing everyone's observations below their avatar being like 70-80F. Moosup 78F, ORH 74F, etc.

I'd be shocked if it didn't snow again this season... just a matter of when, not if. Just funny seeing those current temperatures and then looking at snow threats. Its like December again, haha.

I am on the 18Z GFS 252 hr plan. We bring the snow to ski on. Ha

Kev posted the other day the GFS took the Euro to the woodshed for this week. You see the game he plays, it's a never ever lose game. Very funny actually but also very transparent.

It did after it realized we weren't getting a foot of snow today. It kept the front north of us while the Euro had us all backdoored to hell with snow in NNE. It had that solution after the GFS figured out that wasn't happening. And now.. There's no backdoor. Just a regular Pacifuc fropa

despite Kevin's typical failing attempts to alter people's perceptions of reality ... while only thinking he is succeeding when merely wasting his and anyone's time that happened to forget whose post what they are reading... 

there is still a signal for cold storminess nearing the Equinox ...   leading indicators are a dip in the epo collocated neatly with a dip in the nao.  these polward indices are taking place still early enough in the season to set the table for any favorable pna, and there is a kind of last hurrah with that index out there in time.  

it is obviously getting late in the year as we flip to more day than night, so ... whether this all materializes snow cold rain or just some western Atlantic spring killer pain in the arse, who knows. 

despite Kevin's typical failing attempts to alter people's perceptions of reality ... while only thinking he is succeeding when merely wasting his and anyone's time that happened to forget whose post what they are reading... 

there is still a signal for cold storminess nearing the Equinox ...   leading indicators are a dip in the epo collocated neatly with a dip in the nao.  these polward indices are taking place still early enough in the season to set the table for any favorable pna, and there is a kind of last hurrah with that index out there in time.  

it is obviously getting late in the year as we flip to more day than night, so ... whether this all materializes snow cold rain or just some western Atlantic spring killer pain in the arse, who knows. 

I absolutely expect it to result in cold rain, but also fully acknowledge yet another chapter to be written in this season's long and storied history of "potential"...

Spring events and snow around the holidays are my favs......but man, there is something magical about those transitional critters.

Def. solar PEDs inject.

Spring events and snow around the holidays are my favs......but man, there is something magical about those transitional critters.

Def. solar PEDs inject.

You know nothing has beaten 4/1/97 for me. Even with all these animals we've received lately....can't top that one yet. Not sure it will ever happen either. 

You know nothing has beaten 4/1/97 for me. Even with all these animals we've received lately....can't top that one yet. Not sure it will ever happen either. 

how could anyone...  

didn't Logon record like 9 hours straight of occasional lightning CC and even some CG ?   

Archived