Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will happen. Overwhelming support.

If, and a big if, it happens, what a kick in the teeth it would be if we got cold in April.  I'm not betting against the warmth though...every month going back to last April has finished above normal and some of them well above.

If, and a big if, it happens, what a kick in the teeth it would be if we got cold in April.  I'm not betting against the warmth though...every month going back to last April has finished above normal and some of them well above.

I don't think it means a cold April as of now...just funny it happened so late. 

The summer wasn't a hot summer at all.  Are you sure last May, June, July were above normal???

The Heat came last September.

i wonder if we're going to have to deal with this all summer from the GFS, where it can't seem to ever clear out a ridge.  

i almost wonder ... if someone bothered to do it, if the gfs-based cloud products always run a ginormous gloom and doom bias.  may as well be the forest moon of endor on that model. 

Today has that fairly classic 'fake warm' appeal of New England faux spring, where the sun lies about the temperature.  Where ever protection from any breeze happens under the azure blues ...may as well be showered by the emitter in a microwave oven.  

Not so mid week... MOS products beginning to shed the encumbering climate as we get closer and the well advertised warm up still looks to eclipse 70 in the favored locales.  

Beyond...seems the models and teleconnectors et al have officially entered stochastic spring variability.  

12z GFS wants to resurge the eastern ridge after only a day or so return to normal temps..  

Today has that fairly classic 'fake warm' appeal of New England faux spring, where the sun lies about the temperature.  Where ever protection from any breeze happens under the azure blues ...may as well be showered by the emitter in a microwave oven.  

Not so mid week... MOS products beginning to shed the encumbering climate as we get closer and the well advertised warm up still looks to eclipse 70 in the favored locales.  

Beyond...seems the models and teleconnectors et al have officially entered stochastic spring variability.  

12z GFS wants to resurge the eastern ridge after only a day or so return to normal temps..  

Thank god.

I've switched teams.....torch away.

Up to Ginx Knickers britches . GGW

On This Day in Weather History:

March 7, 1717: "The Great Snow"

The last of four winter storms to hit the eastern U.S. over nine days finally came to an end. Snow depths averaged 60 inches following the storms in southern New England. Up to four feet of snow fell around Boston and snow drifts 25 feet high were reported around Dorchester, MA

Up to Ginx Knickers britches . GGW

On This Day in Weather History:

March 7, 1717: "The Great Snow"

The last of four winter storms to hit the eastern U.S. over nine days finally came to an end. Snow depths averaged 60 inches following the storms in southern New England. Up to four feet of snow fell around Boston and snow drifts 25 feet high were reported around Dorchester, MA

cue a Scooter post about how people were shorter then.

Archived