joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They always seem to underestimate the mixing in early spring with a westerly component and bare ground. We'll see....it's still 5-6 days away. The GFS is already showing 65-70F at 2m in E MA away from the shore.

Oh I agree...I would take the over on those temps if it happened as shown. Just was noting the GFS. 

Sucks winter is over. I get it

Yeah tough break...we were all rushing gearing up with our shovels for 2-4" you locked in tomorrow after you had cancelled accumulating snow for the rest of the season....before you cancelled it again 24 hours later.

Keep us updated...it's been very helpful to stay ahead of the curve.

Yeah tough break...we were all rushing gearing up with our shovels for 2-4" you locked in tomorrow after you had cancelled accumulating snow for the rest of the season....before you cancelled it again 24 hours later.

post-33-0-27936500-1457028520_thumb.png

Sucks winter is over. I get it

It is basically over climatologically isn't it?

Since AN temps will rage from now on  through at least the  winter 2016-17, we can just hope for a flurry or two to hold us over until 17-18 (unless that one has been cancelled, too). At least we can enjoy some mild days and embrace the furnace to come (early April through October this year?). It's just a matter of how we deal with it. Bicycling, running, swimming, planting semi tropical perennials to replace the northern species that are going to die off. In other words, moving to the Carolinas without even having to pack. Que sera sera

The forecasters that back in the fall thought the ratter was most likely had a good winter unfortunately

I would have gone for Nickel and dime storms instead got 1 to 3 inch storms well at least ended up with 21 inches counting 4 inches of sleet. Had good staying power and had mostly ground cover through Jan to half of Feb. with a raging El Niño not bad. March will probably be AN with plenty of rain which will be good for plant growth. Overall not to bad.

Have you forgotten winters over the last 30yrs? :lol:

Temperature-wise iit really couln't get much worse though. We really were limited to about 4 weeks of serviceable temps for snow, and even then temps were often marginal and storm tracks generally sucked especially for us N of the Pike. The other times temps were catastrophic like all of Dec., most of Feb. and a good slice of Jan.

This is shaping up to be 2nd warmest on record I believe. That's pretty horrible.

Archived