Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNE NNE and ski areas ides  ;)  on the 15th period for snow

For the time being, I'm just going to keep shoveling fantasy snow.

Ah yes the Day 7 GGEM fantasy that NNE has been chasing all season, when no other models show hope.

The true testament to a winter being over is when even the GGEM stops showing fantasy snows inside day 10.

For the time being, I'm just going to keep shoveling fantasy snow.

Ah yes the Day 7 GGEM fantasy that NNE has been chasing all season, when no other models show hope.

The true testament to a winter being over is when even the GGEM stops showing fantasy snows inside day 10.

cmc_snow_acc_neng_37.png

Whereas all ensembles show nothing but well AN pattern right thru 15

Whereas all ensembles show nothing but well AN pattern right thru 15

Ha yeah, funny thing is that may still be above normal temperatures with the snow as GGEM shows it.  Isothermal -1C to -3C column would be AN temps.

I don't think its right by any means, but we can still snow in an AN pattern.  But that time is running out quickly. 

The Morrisville Co-Op has a normal temp on March 10th of 35/11, mean of 23F, so a day in the upper 20s with precip would be AN in the means.

EPS show plenty cold in CNE NNE for a snowstorm, whereas you need to study up on  CNE NNE climo

Looking at the old Morrisville Co-Op temp records, the mean daily temperature is still 29F at March 24th (40/18).  That's probably about the date when a below normal airmass would be needed to snow (the last week in March).  But could still snow with like a 33/25 day and that would be "normal".

But yeah, for the next two weeks we can still get away with an AN pattern and sneak in snows just looking at the temperature data.  BTV is another story though.

Either way, looking a pretty 5-day averages of SFC temp anomalies won't tell the story this time of year.

Looking at the old Morrisville Co-Op temp records, the mean daily temperature is still 29F at March 24th (40/18).  That's probably about the date when a below normal airmass would be needed to snow (the last week in March).  But could still snow with like a 33/25 day and that would be "normal".

But yeah, for the next two weeks we can still get away with an AN pattern and sneak in snows just looking at the temperature data.  BTV is another story though.

Yep and the ides are a favored period for NNE pretty much every year sans the 2012 type years.

Well sorry. I was one county off. Just pile some gobblygook on top of me as you prance around in gym class

Well being one county off is alot up in that area, because Aroostook County is the biggest County east of the Mississippi.  And Northern Aroostook County is about 4 hours away from Sunday River.  So the weather is very different most times.  So before you start throwing out generalities like that, do your research and know your facts. 

And now you're starting to get personal with statements about peoples professions??  Is that how you want to be?

Well being one county off is alot up in that area, because Aroostook County is the biggest County east of the Mississippi. And Northern Aroostook County is about 4 hours away from Sunday River. So the weather is very different most times. So before you start throwing out generalities like that, do your research and know your facts.

And now you're starting to get personal with statements about peoples professions?? Is that how you want to be?

What? My wife's a teacher. Relax upright Andy

Well being one county off is alot up in that area, because Aroostook County is the biggest County east of the Mississippi.  And Northern Aroostook County is about 4 hours away from Sunday River.  So the weather is very different most times.  So before you start throwing out generalities like that, do your research and know your facts. 

And now you're starting to get personal with statements about peoples professions??  Is that how you want to be?

Thats right I forgot, you are the one with balls, lots of balls. LOL

Archived