joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see wonder why the SV maps show nothing.

Not sure SV maps will accumulate in sfc temps above 32. Which is probably an overcorrection as it happens. In last sys they were extremely snow free even up north.. too snow free in the end.

Things went downhill this evening. Thread fights, invaders from other regions, warm, dry model runs. My confidence is low i even see 1-3. If I'm banking on the RGEM and everything else has flown south at onset then might be swimming against the tide.

We always knew high risk of bust. I think it is time to throw in the towel on this one. You win some and you lose some.

I should add this is for NOVA and DC. I think Maryland is in the game.

Modeling has been very insistent on light amounts of qpf over eastern Prince William Co throughout the event.

I dont think it is as much about the sfc temps that's the problem for those of us in Dale City.

I think the models are dead on about the quantity of precip here in MBY, which is why I get to enjoy half an inch of slush.

I have yet to see any drizzle or rain of any kind.

Not a complaint, just an observation. I always kept very low expectations. Modeling has been very explicit about what would happen here, lol.

HRRR brings a band of heavy snow west of 95 around mid-morning/noon.

tZcvr2H.png

qBwZNop.png

Thats the storm, I was hoping it would stall like the 12z RGEM but I really think 90% of the accumulating snow will be between 7 and noon.hopefully we can accumulate 3-5" in that timeframe.

Archived