joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Miller Boom or Bust Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verbatim: Euro out my way has a 30 hour event (boy it likes long events) beginning 5 PM Mon evening and continuing until 8 PM Tuesday.  540 thicknesses start at 530 and decrease to 520 (boy is it cold upstairs); however, surface temperatures (as many have pointed out) are a problem.   The precip begins with the temperature at 41.  Temperatures falls through the night to 33 by morning and then rises slowly on Tuesday reaching 36 before falling off to 33 by storm end. The total precipitation is 0.45" with no more than 0.08 in any one three-hour period.  After light snow Monday evening, periods of moderate snow early Tuesday and then again Tuesday afternoon.

Perhaps an inch on the ground by Tuesday morning with some meltage before accumulating snow begins again mid-Tuesday afternoon?  2-3: with luck? 

Verbatim: Euro out my way has a 30 hour event (boy it likes long events) beginning 5 PM Mon evening and continuing until 8 PM Tuesday.  540 thicknesses start at 530 and decrease to 520 (boy is it cold upstairs); however, surface temperatures (as many have pointed out) are a problem.   The precip begins with the temperature at 41.  Temperatures falls through the night to 33 by morning and then rises slowly on Tuesday reaching 36 before falling off to 33 by storm end. The total precipitation is 0.45" with no more than 0.08 in any one three-hour period.  After light snow Monday evening, periods of moderate snow early Tuesday and then again Tuesday afternoon.

Perhaps an inch on the ground by Tuesday morning with some meltage before accumulating snow begins again mid-Tuesday afternoon?  2-3: with luck? 

No way it snows continuosly for 30 hrs and you only get 3-5 inches. My best guess is it comes in a couple quick bursts.

Archived