joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Miller Boom or Bust Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, perhaps true for the 4km nest, but the 12km NAM parent is approx the same horizontal resolution as the GFS (~13km or so) and ECMWF (currently ~15km with the para at ~9km or so I think). The NAM does have better vertical resolution in the boundary layer.

This is part of the reason that I almost exclusively look at the 4km nest and generally ignore the 12km parent.

Great post. Appreciate it.

I generally only trust meso's through 48 hours. 4k has done well in that range and so has the RGEM. In this particular case I strongly believe the complicated setup and still having the big southern storm in its early stages make meso output beyond 24 hours a little sketchy. I don't know if this is sound logic or not but it's what I'm thinking anyways.

Well, perhaps true for the 4km nest, but the 12km NAM parent is approx the same horizontal resolution as the GFS (~13km or so) and ECMWF (currently ~15km with the para at ~9km or so I think).  The NAM does have better vertical resolution in the boundary layer.

This is part of the reason that I almost exclusively look at the 4km nest and generally ignore the 12km parent.

Ah, thanks for that. Maybe give the NAM more weight for temps (at close in times)?

If anyone else cares to nowcast the SE Coast low, the 'kicker' has essentially stalled and per WV loop the SE Low has begun a due N movement. Precip already quite a bit farther West than NAM guidance fwiw. Question is when does the Northward movement cease and become more Easterly?

What, you're not going to post the CRAS for the 10th time?

If anyone else cares to nowcast the SE Coast low, the 'kicker' has essentially stalled and per WV loop the SE Low has begun a due N movement. Precip already quite a bit farther West than NAM guidance fwiw. Question is when does the Northward movement cease and become more Easterly?

that is almost a different (if slightly related) event then the one we are tracking for our area in this thread. Your area still may have an outside chance to get fringed from the coastal so it's of way more interest to you then most of us.v we actually need to be rooting the opposite of you since our only shot is with a weaker coastal and better secondary. Nothing wrong with your interest but perhaps track it in the nyc forum where they will be rooting with you or create a seperate thread for that.

Archived