joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Miller Boom or Bust Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entirely sure why the euro is a fail other than it doesn't dump on the n/w crew like the gfs. Not sure why anyone would expect 6-10" out of this right now.

No one should be expecting that, even us northerners. I'd be cool with the euro

i did, that's exactly why i asked

If precip is light with marginal temps and the sun peeking out, then nobody is getting 4".

Also, warning criteria is 5" (previously 4") only if it falls in a 12 hour period. The Euro doesn't come close to that for anyone in the area. 

I will admit the total qpf is better then expected considering other then along the bay there is no 6 hr period with anything above .1 so not sure how well 24 hours of light snow to get to .35 qpf with marginal temps would work out. It's definitely a step down from 0z and not close to gfs but it keeps us in the game I guess.

If precip is light with marginal temps and the sun peeking out, then nobody is getting 4".

Also, warning criteria is 5" (previously 4") only if it falls in a 12 hour period. The Euro doesn't come close to that for anyone in the area. 

i,m fully aware of that, euro shows light snow for duration. nothing further to add, i,m not a met

I will admit the total qpf is better then expected considering other then along the bay there is no 6 hr period with anything above .1 so not sure how well 24 hours of light snow to get to .35 qpf with marginal temps would work out. It's definitely a step down from 0z and not close to gfs but it keeps us in the game I guess.

agree

i did, that's exactly why i asked, friday snow startted ast 38, one hr later 34, and snow sticking on grass

And melted shortly thereafter... The euro is advisory level, and only because it would happen during morning rush. Otherwise, it's snow tv for everyone. Some lucky hill in northern Carroll county will accumulate an inch or so. Temps are warm during the day.

And melted shortly thereafter... The euro is advisory level, and only because it would happen during morning rush. Otherwise, it's snow tv for everyone. Some lucky hill in northern Carroll county will accumulate an inch or so. Temps are warm during the day.

yes it melted, so what, it snowed accumulated melted, that's normal

Archived