• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Miller Boom or Bust Disco

Bob Chill

Disagree.... I think the northern counties should be in a watch, since there is a real possibility of 5"+.

Having said that, I think those of us who live just north of Baltimore but not really near the M/D line should keep our expectations in check... this will be a localized mesoscale phenomenon and it's possible that psuhoffman and mappy get smoked with MECS totals while those of us a bit further south receive maybe 3-4". Not saying it will happen, but it's a good idea to be prepared for that possibility. It's all about where the banding sets up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty decent IMO

attachicon.gifgefs_snow_ens_washdc_14.png

e10, if you please!  (and e13 if that one is sold out!)

Mean is pretty consistent with the control/ops in terms of how the overall shape/pattern looks.  With lower amounts, as expected.  But this is perhaps not too surprising as we're likely getting out of range for using the GEFS.

I think we have enough NWP with two GFSs and two Euros that we don't need a German model too.

I wonder if their model is a natural progression of their really excellent research and modelling of the stratosphere. Most of their work led to the advances in the upper levels atmospheric physics in the ECMWF. I'll do a little poking around with some former colleagues next week.

I wonder if their model is a natural progression of their really excellent research and modelling of the stratosphere. Most of their work led to the advances in the upper levels atmospheric physics in the ECMWF. I'll do a little poking around with some former colleagues next week.

wonder if it isnt, at least partly, due to their use of computers with very advanced processing chips. We now use cray computers, is that not correct??They use different super computers with a chinese chip that our gvt refused to let in. I could be wrong here, but this is what I,ve read

I've been keeping an eye on the coastal giving NYC snow thinking NYC getting snow from the coastal and DC getting snow thereafter are mutually exclusive. Can't have both and the euro looks like it brings in snows to NYC from the coastal. Not a good sign.

Archived