• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right, this current band is going to die down then a new one forms, if you loop it you could see some returns on that tail end..

maybe your more optimistic than me or you have a better radar then me but on Radarscope it looks like the returns on CLE radar are still moving at a WSW to ENE trajectory and fizzling out. I don't see any new returns at all on CLE radar.

Yeah seeing the new alignment taking shape. Let's see if we can get a lock here and not a quick push north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow is starting again here too.  Picked up about 3 inches very early this morning, was very surprised to see how the band behaved overnight.  Hopefully this doesn't zip up to Grand Island and hang out there until front pushes through.  

43758c1c009894777507f0717a2ebc4f.jpg

She's a beaut! Only a hair over 3 inches here. Looks like it's already lifted just north of downtown and the airport. If that stays locked in place for the next 5-6 hours until the front drops down could be some good totals for the north towns. I'm thinking I'll be lucky to break 6 inches here at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is such a tight precipitation gradient on this GFS run that taken verbatim Utica could end up with 18 inches, Syracuse 12, Geneva 4-6, and Rochester 1-3.

I'm starting to think this storms sole purpose in life is to F with all the upstate NY'ers who've been waiting for a synoptic storm for over a year now.  It's like it wants to run right up the Hudson Valley as a 980 mb low and give everyone from SYR west the finger as its snow shield covers a whopping 10 mile wide corridor of the eastern Dacks.  While ALB rains, BUF suns, and everyone in between smokes cirrus....

That little rant over...heavy snow has moved back in here and band is looking really healthy. 

Archived