• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they had 9-17" in the Warning text this morning... That's a bust. Even so I was talking about their maps. Their maps have busted on several events this year all across their CWA. Don't remember the specific events off hand but I can find them.

You are correct, KBUF's snow maps have been cartoonishly bad this winter, for the most part. Right ideas...too much and too broad a swath of accumulations.

I think that brings KBUF within 13 inches of the all time low. We may finish bottom five, but we probably at least won't have the least snowiest winter. Still, really bad luck this season for Buffalo - no event has worked out quite right for most of the city out to the airport.

We actually would've had couple of decent events for the metro area if it wasn't for the pure bad luck lol..

I'm in tonawanda by the 290 exchange and they have about 6-8" of snow here..

i think the area around Rapids to just north of Akron jack potted probably around 8-12" but it looks like a small bullseye on digital storm accumulation with total QPF of around 1-1.25". That quickly drops off to around .5 -.6 in the city of Lockport and the same in Clarence Center. If we had a spotter just east of Rapids I bet they'd have a foot.

i think the area around Rapids to just north of Akron jack potted probably around 8-12" but it looks like a small bullseye on digital storm accumulation with total QPF of around 1-1.25". That quickly drops off to around .5 -.6 in the city of Lockport and the same in Clarence Center. If we had a spotter just east of Rapids I bet they'd have a foot.

1-1.25 with these ratios would be much higher than 8-12".

12" in two hours in Lockport earlier today!

Archived