• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3" as of noon here...impressive that it's even snowing to this temperature. Haven't seen the euro for the Tuesday storm but latest GFS is so so...looks like some energy behind the main system never catches up...which would favor a weaker but colder system over NY state. Albany could be in the best spot for this one. As long as this doesn't trend into another I-95 "historic" "epic" fake Blizzard I'll be happy.

Yea Gravestone, my gf just drove to work in clay..She said it was a disaster on 481, she had trouble seeing the car in front of her..

I believe that, Syracuse also pretty rough. It's not accumulating as deep as it would with bigger dendrite size but...seems odd that we get Advisory and Warnings for conditions that are far less severe than what's going on right now. Seems like warnings/advisories are mostly based on model accumulations.

The Sunday 12z runs should give us a better idea of who will be wet or white or dry with this next system. It doesn't look all that wound up on any NWP so I'd favor a middle of the road type system. As long as it rains in Southern New England and the Mid Atlantic, I'm ok with any outcome.

KBGM put out a SWS for the band in Onondaga County. Good job by them, it's nasty out there.

All major climate sites across upstate ny are running -30 or below on the snowfall department.

After next week CNY will have taken a deep chunk out of that deficit, if this system comes to fruition, which now looks probable with the details of precip, thermal profiles and Qpf totals coming into better focus at the event nears.

Archived