• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

12Z NAM = colder and weaker. It has about .5 inch LE over CNY. Most of the precip would be overnight Monday into Tuesday. It doesn't appear we would have any mixing worries here with this run.

The Nam will begin to to see the light at the start of the event and I don't care how well it did with the MA blizzard.  Different synoptic set-up, with a completely different outcome. Its very hard to go against the European globals, especially considering the fact that they've been in step with each other (Euro-UK-Met and for that matter the JMA).  Just can't see how the American Models even come close to their depiction.  The GFS is absolutely atrocious, and the fact that it can't come in with 2 runs similar to each other, this close in to an event is, completely unacceptable IMHO.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navy looks Decent..Don't know if it still has it's "progressive" bias.

attachicon.gifnav_pr6_slp_t850_east_12.png

attachicon.gifnav_pr6_slp_t850_east_13 (1).png

Still has its S&E bias, so if its that far N&W then this would tell me that ENY need to be concerned ad well as parts of CNY like Syracuse and just West need to watch for a mix as the thermal profiles are too close for comfort.

The Sunday 12z runs should give us a better idea of who will be wet or white or dry with this next system. It doesn't look all that wound up on any NWP so I'd favor a middle of the road type system. As long as it rains in Southern New England and the Mid Atlantic, I'm ok with any outcome.

KBGM put out a SWS for the band in Onondaga County. Good job by them, it's nasty out there.

Remember they are entitled to a "Blizzard" every winter!!

The Sunday 12z runs should give us a better idea of who will be wet or white or dry with this next system. It doesn't look all that wound up on any NWP so I'd favor a middle of the road type system. As long as it rains in Southern New England and the Mid Atlantic, I'm ok with any outcome.

KBGM put out a SWS for the band in Onondaga County. Good job by them, it's nasty out there.

The GFS caved to the Euro solution during today's 12Z, which was entirely expected, as the last 4-5 runs from the EURO have been a rock, as far as consistency is concerned. The GFS has been all over the place since we've began tracking this system a week ago. I wouldn't be surprised, if one of the first solutions, to show a decent hit for our area, comes to fruition as it usually sees thing from afar then loses it, only to find it again later on.  And this seems, once again, like one of those times.  If anybody has the ability to see run s from last week, archived runs, I guarantee there are some healthy hits in there similar to what their showing now, form 2 days out.  I've seen this occur quite a few times, including this last system to affect us up here in ME.  I moved to DE ME thinking I'd see some healthy Tucked in GOM Nor'easters but no dice this yr, so far so I have to travel back to the other house, in Pennellville, so now I have the bast of both worlds.  The only downfall is that I have to deal/put up with the extreme weenies of the SNE thread.  The wishcasting in that thread or any thread created by one of those characters is wishcasted upon to the fullest extent.

As far as I'm concerned, I could care less what the NAM is showing and to a larger extent, the GFS, as its absolutely atrocious to put it mildly!  The Euro hasn't wavered the last 6 runs in a row and it baffles me as to why anybody else would put any stock into what any other guidance is suggesting at this point, unless its been as consistent as the EURO in depicting a different result.  Have we seen any other guidance exhibit such behavior with this event?  I dont think so but If anybody knows of any other guidance that hass had this on their radar from 7 days out??

Dang must have missed it nonetheless it dropped about an inch or two outside, i was down in E.aurora earlier and they had some impressive snowpack down there , I'd estimate 2ft or so..

Yeah we have about a foot here. I just drove back from Buffalo and in the heaviest portion of the band visibility was less than 1/2 mile. Pretty strong stuff considering the radar doesn't show much. Most likely due to the extremely low temps.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20160214.400.02

I told you guys all along. That high is very strong, this was a cutter a week ago. Anywhere from Detroit to Albany will get the most snow and its a very thin line. I'm still not confident on any track and it's why I am not posting about it yet. I think tomorrow night I will be able to give an opinion on track. Also, I never go by OP models. Blend the GFS/Euro Ens and you get a good idea on track.

gfs_z500a_us_13.png

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_4.png

GEM has moderate snowstorm for WNY. GFS may have convective issues as discussed on Accuweather forum. GFS still has accums for WNY. Roc Meteorologist Mark McLain didn't even mention storm at 11 pm news. Weird.

00z ukmet is a qpf bomb for central new york, can't tell how far west mixing gets though.  Either way its well east of the GFS and probably better for much of central/western ny.

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

Archived