• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that stalls for a couple more hours, we will be seeing some insane totals for the Buffalo northtowns. That band is 2-3"+ an hour.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20160212.1925.0

Based on upstream radar it should move southward slowly within the next hour or so, it looks like we are going to pick up anywhere from 1-4" with the current band and another 2-3"+ with the arctic + ontario combo but that won't get here till about 8pm.

...A BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO IMPACT NORTHERN

ERIE...SOUTHERN NIAGARA AND ORLEANS COUNTIES THIS AFTERNOON...

AT 250 PM EST...A BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW PRODUCING SNOW FALL

RATES OF 2 TO 4 INCHES PER HOUR OR MORE WAS LOCATED FROM GRAND

ISLAND TO LOCKPORT TO MEDINA. EXPECT SNOW COVERED ROADS AND NEAR

ZERO VISIBILITY WITHIN THIS BAND OF SNOW THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THE

SNOW BAND WILL MOVE SOUTH LATER THIS EVENING.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... GRAND ISLAND...NORTH

TONAWANDA...LOCKPORT...TONAWANDA...MEDINA...ALBION AND PENDLETON.

yea this thing will definitely sweep through, I'd be lucky if i pick up more than 2" from this..

I don't know, I've seen these fronts get hung up for a bit on the lake breeze before passing through.  A slow south crawl for a few hours would be nice.  Either way, enjoy it while it passes - pretty intense snow in that band.  

I don't know, I've seen these fronts get hung up for a bit on the lake breeze before passing through.  A slow south crawl for a few hours would be nice.  Either way, enjoy it while it passes - pretty intense snow in that band.  

Indeed it would but i highly doubt it, nonetheless I'm enjoying this 30 min heavy snow burst..

NWS BUF was calling for 9-17" for Buffalo and 12-20" for Watertown as of 6am this morning, definitely a bust for sure...

NOUS41 KBUF 122106
PNSBUF
NYZ001>008-010>014-019>021-085-130906-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
SPOTTER REPORTS
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY
406 PM EST FRI FEB 12 2016

********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************

LOCATION STORM TOTAL TIME/DATE COMMENTS
SNOWFALL OF
/INCHES/ MEASUREMENT

NEW YORK

...ERIE COUNTY...
2 S KENMORE 5.5 200 PM 2/12 PUBLIC
CLARENCE 4.5 1220 PM 2/12 NWS EMPLOYEE
5 WNW CLARENCE CENTE 4.4 230 PM 2/12 COCORAHS
1 NNW WILLIAMSVILLE 4.0 1200 PM 2/12 PUBLIC
1 NW WILLIAMSVILLE 3.8 100 PM 2/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

...JEFFERSON COUNTY...
WATERTOWN 6.7 1042 AM 2/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

...NIAGARA COUNTY...
SANBORN 6.5 404 PM 2/12 TRAINED SPOTTER
3 WNW RAPIDS 5.5 300 PM 2/12 TRAINED SPOTTER
2 SSE NORTH TONAWAND 2.3 207 PM 2/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

NWS BUF was calling for 9-17" for Buffalo and 12-20" for Watertown as of 6am this morning, definitely a bust for sure...

they have busted high for just about every event this year, not just in BUF but in their entire forecast area. I know it's lake effect and it's a very mesoscale event but it seems they are always way over on their maps by a long shot...

Posting this for reference 2 days from now. Wonder if we could get some tea kettle lake effect Saturday night into Sunday. Winds are relatively light and there's going to be about 30C Delta T's. Mostly posting this now to bring it up afterwards and see how I did. 

BUF smartly reduced accumulations here for tonight, but still expecting 4-8" total. We'll see, but these lake bands mean business right now. 

they have busted high for just about every event this year, not just in BUF but in their entire forecast area. I know it's lake effect and it's a very mesoscale event but it seems they are always way over on their maps by a long shot...

The thing that killed BUF's chances of getting those heavy accumulation was the band dying too early in the morning, it was projected to intensify and stall near the city for couple of hours before it headed northward after 1pm instead it fizzled out after that initial burst of heavy snow.. funny thing is that HRRRX showed that trend last night but the high res WRF missed it.

Which events? if you go by the lake snow forecast totals instead of the maps they didn't even bust today.

Which events? if you go by the lake snow forecast totals instead of the maps they didn't even bust today.

they had 9-17" in the Warning text this morning... That's a bust. Even so I was talking about their maps. Their maps have busted on several events this year all across their CWA. Don't remember the specific events off hand but I can find them.

I checked it at 6am and it said 9-17" total for buffalo, a bust for sure.. final total is 4.9".

I think that brings KBUF within 13 inches of the all time low. We may finish bottom five, but we probably at least won't have the least snowiest winter. Still, really bad luck this season for Buffalo - no event has worked out quite right for most of the city out to the airport.

Archived