SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are banking on the latest meso models specifically the HRRR/RAP are both bullish. I was very surprised too. To me the radar looks great. It is a little slower to move in but looks solid overall. I'm guessing you wont be changing your forecast...

What I'm finding interesting is the operational HRRR is bullish, yet the experimental 24 hour HRRR (which will be operational someday soon) is bearish. 

What I'm finding interesting is the operational HRRR is bullish, yet the experimental 24 hour HRRR (which will be operational someday soon) is bearish. 

I actually noticed that too, I thought they would be the same up to 15 hours and then just continued from 15-24 with something new but it doesn't work that way I guess. I was looking at both last night and noticed it.

I actually noticed that too, I thought they would be the same up to 15 hours and then just continued from 15-24 with something new but it doesn't work that way I guess. I was looking at both last night and noticed it.

I'm more inclined to believe the experimental version, as the operational has 4-6" back by EEN by 00z tonight. I'm not sure that's the case unless we start improving things fast.

I'm more inclined to believe the experimental version, as the operational has 4-6" back by EEN by 00z tonight. I'm not sure that's the case unless we start improving things fast.

Yeah and the latest HRRR is backing off a lot, practically cutting in half. But it tends to flop around every run anyways...just not sure I buy the widespread 4-8 in CT yet. Still going to stick with my guns/original forecast..

Yeah and the latest HRRR is backing off a lot, practically cutting in half. But it tends to flop around every run anyways...just not sure I buy the widespread 4-8 in CT yet. Still going to stick with my guns/original forecast..

I think that's the key word. I don't buy widespread amounts pushing 4-8 today across CT, but I could see a smaller area pull that off.

Think the dry air that infiltrated the area last night is going to be hard to moisten/saturate or lets say it going to take quite a bit longer than once expected!

Radar should be a tease all day. I think when all is said and done we end up with the 2-4" that most had projected for this area a couple days ago. Wind will make it look more impressive at times.

Pretty much all schools in Franklin Co closed before a flake has fallen.

It will be pretty funny if we get > 4" we got Friday when they didn't close schools.

First, I think you meant <4"

Second, that is probably going to happen. Same here. Wife's district got 8" and they had school. No school today, lucky to get 4

Pretty much all schools in Franklin Co closed before a flake has fallen.

It will be pretty funny if we get > 4" we got Friday when they didn't close schools.

Simply an over reaction due to the questionable call on Friday.  I doubt we see more than 2" from this.  Was much colder on the car thermometer as I headed into Worcester County (30* here to 24* as I headed toward 190).

Made it all the way to 495 when I got the call the University closed.  Worked out well though so my wife can go to work instead of dealing with the needlessly cancelled school day.

What a pain this storm has been to forecast...someone will probably band their way to really good totals in the interior while nearby gets barely advisory.

Radar actually looks fairly decent right now, but the question is what it looks like in about 6 hours...the models kind of weaken everything around midday.

I see nothing to change thoughts

2-4 w Ct

3-6 C CT to River

4-8 East of River

Also agree with Will on sneaky bands way NW of models

I like these amounts. People I wouldn't expect to see living and dying by every model run are doing just that. No virga to deal with either. Enjoy the snow.

Archived