joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I would avoid questioning NWS employees on here about that.

My post had nothing to do with NWS employees. It was about all the weenies questioning NWS amounts and advisory designations.

Anyway, this event reminds me of one that hit eastern Mass. soon after I moved to the Boston area and wasn't familiar with the climo. There also wasn't the same access to modeling and real-time met analysis. I kept hearing reports of ridiculous amounts from the south shore, while I sat in a flizzard in Somerville waiting for the real stuff to pivot north. Never did. These OES-dependent setups are so tricky.

Closer to the border, there are districts closed. Ours is closing early. I'm assuming the rationale is to avoid kids getting off buses and walking in the snow, possibly next to traffic.

For those not in NNE, there aren't a ton of sidewalks here and many times kids don't get dropped off really close to the house. For instance, I live on a hill. The bus doesn't go up into the neighborhood at all, there are no sidewalks and ditches run on the sides of the roads. If there was an accident, you can just imagine what a lawyer might say.

Yes, similar situation here outside of the few larger towns. I just think the school closings were a bit of an overreaction.

It's fine, if there is moderate snow later on than the decision will probably be viewed less harshly.

Nice, you should post that in the obs thread!

It's ok, we all take a while to learn how this site is organized. Welcome to the board!

Lol. Yeah. I figured that out after I posted it

I guess I could delete it but I'm too lazy

I'm trying to figure out what models win this one

I guess give it a few more hours

Archived