joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That lead band is the one to watch. Does it develop or will it weaken and fracture?

A lot of the model guidance says we get more snow up here from the lingering inverted trough tonight than we do from any of this near miss today.

But signs of the CJ starting to show up on kbox right now. Probably why OWD was reporting -SN last hour.

I see nothing to change thoughts

2-4 w Ct

3-6 C CT to River

4-8 East of River

Also agree with Will on sneaky bands way NW of models

We'll see...but I think school closings west of the river are going to end up being unnecessary. Maybe I'll end up being wrong...but this seems to be one of those situations where some high amounts get thrown out early and everyone is too stubborn to back down.

We'll see...but I think school closings west of the river are going to end up being unnecessary. Maybe I'll end up being wrong...but this seems to be one of those situations where some high amounts get thrown out early and everyone is too stubborn to back down.

This is a tough forecast for sure. But over the years these usually fall way short of expectations. Hope the higher amounts are correct, but feel they are way over blown for most in CT. A couple inches will be it for most in most of CT...except if your way east in CT. Out in the SE areas they will see the higher impacts as thought.

I don't see the support for warning criteria across New Haven or Hartford counties; actually kind of surprised that BOX and OKX didn't pull back the warnings a bit on the western fringe. Guess they're banking on ratios? Radar doesn't look too great to me considering that most guidance had snow here by 7 AM and it's well south of us right now and not moving very fast. 

I don't see the support for warning criteria across New Haven or Hartford counties; actually kind of surprised that BOX and OKX didn't pull back the warnings a bit on the western fringe. Guess they're banking on ratios? Radar doesn't look too great to me considering that most guidance had snow here by 7 AM and it's well south of us right now and not moving very fast.

Do you think it could be because of the last storm and now they're trying to get ahead of this one? Maybe too far ahead

They are banking on the latest meso models specifically the HRRR/RAP are both bullish. I was very surprised too. To me the radar looks great. It is a little slower to move in but looks solid overall. I'm guessing you wont be changing your forecast...

Archived