joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check back a few posts, I'm leaning with the HRRRX, mainly because I have a hard time seeing 4-6 to near EEN by 00z.

I saw your post that's what prompted the q. Wondering which you rely on for operational purposes on a regular basis. Or do you usually look at both.

Seems that in addition to having threads for model analysis, obs, and banter, there needs to be one titled "Questioning NWS forecast snow amounts and Warning/Advisory decisions." Good God have these threads been clogged with that crap lately. I swear, some here seem to derive more pleasure from having the right shade cover their back yard than from actually getting snow.

Seems that in addition to having threads for model analysis, obs, and banter, there needs to be one titled "Questioning NWS forecast snow amounts and Warning/Advisory decisions." Good God have these threads been clogged with that crap lately. I swear, some here seem to derive more pleasure from having the right shade cover their back yard than from actually getting snow.

I think I would avoid questioning NWS employees on here about that.

Box only missed by 8" for my hood last storm. NBC comparatively missed by 3-4.

Thanks for clogging this thread with THIS crap. Debra spot thread, use it to complain.

Still Nada at dxr. Usually these things move in quicker than forecasted.

Simply an over reaction due to the questionable call on Friday.  I doubt we see more than 2" from this.  Was much colder on the car thermometer as I headed into Worcester County (30* here to 24* as I headed toward 190).

Made it all the way to 495 when I got the call the University closed.  Worked out well though so my wife can go to work instead of dealing with the needlessly cancelled school day.

Almost every school in W MA is closed, it's unbelievable.

So do you think that last storm was an easy one to forecast?

No. I think their map made no sense, see my above post. It wasn't just too low across the board, the distribution resulted in a 7" difference across box/OKX zones in the southern part of the box ct counties.

No. I think their map made no sense, see my above post. It wasn't just too low across the board, the distribution resulted in a 7" difference across box/OKX zones in the southern part of the box ct counties.

Overall, I think the all do a reasonable job and probably depends on the forecaster as well, But i have seen where OKX has issues a lot but they also have to factor in the population of what they forecast to make there calls it seems

Well at the least we see a couple more inches tomorrow night into Wed..if the trough scoots north it turns into more. Ukie been so good

It's nothing special as currently modeled...slams snj which models have been targeting. But it could bump north a bit, will have to watch.

Almost every school in W MA is closed, it's unbelievable.

Closer to the border, there are districts closed. Ours is closing early. I'm assuming the rationale is to avoid kids getting off buses and walking in the snow, possibly next to traffic.

For those not in NNE, there aren't a ton of sidewalks here and many times kids don't get dropped off really close to the house. For instance, I live on a hill. The bus doesn't go up into the neighborhood at all, there are no sidewalks and ditches run on the sides of the roads. If there was an accident, you can just imagine what a lawyer might say.

Archived