joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-6270-0-85894300-1454635229_thumb.jpKind of a "worse/best case scenario map. I had a much more conservative map with totals hat didn't reach as far west and were 2-4in lower, then whipped this up in a few min when I saw the HRRR because IMO it often does very well. It nailed even mesoscale components of last storm to a T.  

Hey can you explain what that bufkit stuff meant

I will give you the link and you can read up on it. Basically a complex way of taking soundings converting qpf to snow based on snowflake production in the growth zone,figuring out how the ratios are and how the snow compacts as it falls. Bufkit data is run through various software programs to visually see the atmosphere sliced into levels. Ryan often posts his

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/data/retro_map.html

My post about the Boston schools wasn't meant to question the decision to cancel. I just think it's amazing that most of the public had no idea for much of today that snow was even a possibility - and now they're gearing up for a pretty potent little storm. I'm sure that many are skeptical given how warm it still is.

I will give you the link and you can read up on it. Basically a complex way of taking soundings converting qpf to snow based on snowflake production in the growth zone,figuring out how the ratios are and how the snow compacts as it falls. Bufkit data is run through various software programs to visually see the atmosphere sliced into levels. Ryan often posts his

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/data/retro_map.html

Thanks. So there was something crappy going on in the column.

Archived