Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

+1

Was already out there cleaning up a pile of branches from the upper third of a dead standing tree that fell off during our wind driven spring deluge earlier in the week. Get the cars washed...at least the road salt is mostly gone from that heavy rain.

I just went for a run and dressed Feb style, long sleeves, sweatshirt....big mistake. I roasted. Really nice day. Days like this make me wish the ens would show a west coast trough to Acapulco and an east coast ridge to Ottawa.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had both. Don't remember any trouble with either. Just make sure to ask about warranties on the hardware. A quality door will offer lifetime warranties on the door-hardware finish. I've found that to be the biggest issue with doors. Low-quality hardware will oxidize over time and look like crap. Depending on sun exposure, you may want to think about low e glass. IF you have a lot of sun exposure, especially low-angle exposure, don't forget to consider the color of your entry door. Dark colors can turn the space between the doors into an oven. With non-vented storm doors, I've seen this cause paint-bubbling and even warpage of the entry door.

Thanks for the tips! And definitely agree on the warranty for the door-hardware finish. Luckily there's no direct sunlight on the door but I am going to get a door with the pull down screen built in - I'm over taking out a glass panel to add the screen when I want ventilation.

I just went for a run and dressed Feb style, long sleeves, sweatshirt....big mistake. I roasted. Really nice day. Days like this make me wish the ens would show a west coast trough to Acapulco and an east coast ridge to Ottawa.

Early March showing up on the EPS...I want to see a SE ridge or at least a zonal flow. I'm done with winter in March.

It wont be long. Hopefully we can get one more event in early March. Was outside looking at where I need more mulch, more stones in the driveway, and almost time to put down the fertilizer/pre-emergent control products. I need to order mosquito dunkers for my protected "non tidal wetland" (seasonal wet spot in the woods). Spring = work lol.

65F.  Just got back from taking my girls to the playground.  Warm as heck; felt just like the day after a mid-atlantic snow storm.

This winter (what there was of it) is done.  There will be no March snows this year.  The atmosphere is just overwhelmingly in a warm state.  Avant Hiatus tried to tell us, but we didn't listen.  

And don't forget that today, at our latitude, the sun is about 50% higher in the sky than it is in Dec. Today corresponds roughly to about Oct 22 on the sun calendar.

Guess that explains my improving mood. SAD is abating. I can back down on my D3 supps, and drink less! Well, at least  I can take less D3.

I hate spring lol. I don't mind it if we're getting #wedges. I'd like spring a lot more if we didn't suck at severe.

But warming water temps wake up crabs from their deep mud hibernation. Should be a good year with no deep freeze on the bay. Might get started earlier than last year when crabbing sucked until mid summer.

Archived