joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen! I will see your 100000000000000000% and raise you 100000000000000000% more!

ETA: I have been known on a few occasions to make the hour and a half drive to have a steak at Theo's in St. Michaels. Can't beat the scenery either.

A fine stake is something to behold, yes!

But I sure won't scoff at good crab or lobster either!  ;)

Well then.. see what happens when you bring up crabs in the MA. I catch and eat crabs just about every weekend from Mid-May through Late October.

JO spice- never old bay

Always steam- never boil

Cider vinegar-never butter

These are a few tips for you rookies.

JO seems to be more popular here on the eastern shore. I prefer a blend, but it has to include old bay. And the only acceptable condiment for crabs is more seasoning, which leads to more beer consumption. Vinegar? eww. This aint fish n chips man.

Def charcoal > propane. I think people want to impress w their weber summit series grills. I'll take my weber charcoal grill any day. Slower, yes. Tastes better, yes.

I think charcoal is cheaper too. I can get 30 lbs of royal oak for the same price as a propane tank. I get more grills out of the charcoal. A chimney load only takes 15 minutes to rage. I'm a total convert now. Flavor is wonderful. My family loves it.

LOL and then I read the opposition article and it says the science is totally wrong.

America.

My favorite barbecue/meat science site actually aligns more with the opposition article.

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/grills/charcoal_grills_vs_gas_grills.html

But it's not as much fun as talking about bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good, but not worth the price.

Just get your steak direct from a butcher and not from the store. You'll never buy store steaks or restaurant steaks again

Bison is good from the health aspect. Much leaner than beef with less bad stuff. We use ground bison for tacos and meatloaf.

I'm too cheap to buy from a butcher. I usually buy entire cuts from Costco and cut my own steaks and grind the random pieces for top shelf burgers. My icebox is always loaded. Doomsday style. Lol

Agree that butchers like the one in Mt airy are elite cuts but I can't swallow thr price tag.

Speaking of grilling, I've switched over to hardwood lump charcoal (royal oak brand) and haven't touched my gas grill in almost a year. It only takes a few minutes longer to get the coals piping than it does to get the gas grill up to temp. But night and day with flavor.

Man.. we have a lot in common. I made the switch to lump about 2 years ago. I've also gotten into low and slow smoking. Pulled pork is the bomb after 10 hours.

Bison is good from the health aspect. Much leaner than beef with less bad stuff. We use ground bison for tacos and meatloaf.

I'm too cheap to buy from a butcher. I usually buy entire cuts from Costco and cut my own steaks and grind the random pieces for top shelf burgers. My icebox is always loaded. Doomsday style. Lol

Agree that butchers like the one in Mt airy are elite cuts but I can't swallow thr price tag.

You have to buy in bulk.  I buy a half a cow at a time from a butcher in PA.  Last time around it cost me less than $3/lb for all cuts of meat, portioned and vacuum packed.  You usually can't find any type of beef for less than $3/lb at a store, none the less t-bones.

This is the way I do it as well. Break down the Costco meats. I used to by a side of beef. But I ended up with so much ground beef out of it it wasnt worth it to me. 

Archived