SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marginal, but heavy wet snow per thickness for some, those < 1300/1540.  I would think we need a sub 546dm H5 close off over the state of GA and deepening to the coast, maybe off around MYR/ILM in the 540dm range to flip areas to the NW of the track over.  There is some indication of a cold core conveyor/deform band.  

post-382-0-34331800-1454457484_thumb.png

Today was mid-70's gusty winds and just plain lovely.  It was windows-open and spring-cleaning day.  Peepers peeping and songbirds singing while the red-shouldered hawks did courtship flights overhead.

The wildlife ain't going to be happy tomorrow.  The cats will just blame me.

Oddly enough, no squirrels.  We've had a major squirrel population boom, and it's fairly weird to have the yard and woods devoid of squirrel sightings when it's not raining or ridiculously cold.

Today was mid-70's gusty winds and just plain lovely. It was windows-open and spring-cleaning day. Peepers peeping and songbirds singing while the red-shouldered hawks did courtship flights overhead.

The wildlife ain't going to be happy tomorrow. The cats will just blame me.

Oddly enough, no squirrels. We've had a major squirrel population boom, and it's fairly weird to have the yard and woods devoid of squirrel sightings when it's not raining or ridiculously cold.

No crazy wildlife activity here, either. It was mid 50s and drizzly all day, outside of school , there was a pair of geese eating in a patch of grass, very close to the building and never seen that before. Avg activity at the bird feeders, I expect the animals will be acting nuts by Sunday and Monday , preparing for next week! My deciduos holly bush, has not had the berries picked clean, but I suspect that will change next week!

No crazy wildlife activity here, either. It was mid 50s and drizzly all day, outside of school , there was a pair of geese eating in a patch of grass, very close to the building and never seen that before. Avg activity at the bird feeders, I expect the animals will be acting nuts by Sunday and Monday , preparing for next week! My deciduos holly bush, has not had the berries picked clean, but I suspect that will change next week!

74 imby  :D  It was almost too hot  :P 

I want to caution you all to tone down your excitement a tad. While there is a threat next week, lets be careful to throw out historical analogs. There is still MUCH work to be done in reference to trends. As is, this would be a RN situation. Trends will have to continue to improve. Have noticed some improvement on the ens. 

I want to caution you all to tone down your excitement a tad. While there is a threat next week, lets be careful to throw out historical analogs. There is still MUCH work to be done in reference to trends. As is, this would be a RN situation. Trends will have to continue to improve. Have noticed some improvement on the ens.

Think this can be said for every winter event down here, ever

I'm currently in Minnesota on a business trip and it's snowing pretty good up here. They originally said there would be no accumulation a couple hours north of Minneapolis and it's been snowing for a few hours now with snow covered roads. See the pics below. Hoping to bring the snow mojo to the SE when I come back Friday. Lol.

20160202_171310.jpg

20160202_215600.jpg

Can't beleive I'm saying this but that clipper on the artic front Tuesday ish is nothing to sleep on. Espeacilly sw mtns. The ratios are going to be through the roof as Queencitywx said. I could see the smokes and balsam getting 6 inches of fluff out of this. And this will be the one out of 100 that produces east of the apps because it's gonna come down deep enough and not be coming nw to se over the VA/ NC mtns which are way higher. LoOKs like the groundhog is gonna have job security problems next year lol.

Archived