joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sitting in one of them middle school parent information sessions about 8th graders that are going to high school next year and what to expect. I have one daughter in college so not sure why I'm here. My ex thought it would be a good idea so.... Well now I'm regretting it. I can't get out of here fast enough. I heard this same thing 5 years ago.

I'm sitting in one of them middle school parent information sessions about 8th graders that are going to high school next year and what to expect. I have one daughter in college so not sure why I'm here. My ex thought it would be a good idea so.... Well now I'm regretting it. I can't get out of here fast enough. I heard this same thing 5 years ago.

Haha! Just go man.

With how the Feb 7 storm is looking and how the other potential storms are looking, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that unless a miracle happens sometime in late Feb/March the southern piedmont of NC won't see any substantial snow for a long time.

Cool story! I'm thinking by Nov 2019, CLT will finally get an inch!

I don't know where to put this so I will put it here, I got to work around 6:40 and was walking up to the building, we had just had some really heavy rain and there were  few flashes of lightning but not many.....anyways I didn't have a umbrella and was walking fast with my head down when a bolt hit maybe 60-70 ft from me to my right....well I hauled ass up to the building wondering were I was going to get a new pair of pants when I heard someone yelling. I turned around and saw one of my co workers standing over another co worker who was face down and had been hit by the bolt. He was out of it and bleeding from his nose and mouth it was pretty insane. We got him up and in a wheelchair....He woke up pretty quick though but had trouble moving etc.. The blood was from were he face planted......whats even crazier is I bet that was the only positive strike in Pitt Co....

I don't know where to put this so I will put it here, I got to work around 6:40 and was walking up to the building, we had just had some really heavy rain and there were  few flashes of lightning but not many.....anyways I didn't have a umbrella and was walking fast with my head down when a bolt hit maybe 60-70 ft from me to my right....well I hauled ass up to the building wondering were I was going to get a new pair of pants when I heard someone yelling. I turned around and saw one of my co workers standing over another co worker who was face down and had been hit by the bolt. He was out of it and bleeding from his nose and mouth it was pretty insane. We got him up and in a wheelchair....He woke up pretty quick though but had trouble moving etc.. The blood was from were he face planted......whats even crazier is I bet that was the only positive strike in Pitt Co....

:(           Glad to hear he will be okay 

Wow. Insane the odds involved. Glad he ok though

Wow. Insane the odds involved. Glad he ok though

Its ridiculous, I saw a few flashes on the way to work but it was all cloud to cloud looking stuff no bolts hitting the ground, heck there was barely any ctc.....when it hit I was just floored, I knew it was close cause I heard that ripping sound and a sharp bang with a concussive thud in my chest.....I just ran to the building ole fright or flight took over.....I wasn't looking up since it was raining and I was fast walking with my head down up to the building so I didn't even see Andre walking up....what really sucks is we work with heavy equipment so we do lock out tag out and wear headsets and he has all this stuff on when he got hit....at first he didn't move much and I thought it was gonna end up bad and even once he came too he didn't know who he was or where he was. Crazy.....and now I got to work 12 hrs lol

Archived