joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF!!! Fab Feb starts off with thunderstorms rolling thru the Triad??? Looks like August late afternoon severe outside my door right now. Pretty black.

Mother Nature and Old Man Winter have clearly split up and are headed for divorce court. I just hope he gets to keep the Euro or we'll never hear Burger go BOOM again!!

Everyone has given up. The February discussion thread is a ghost town.

Just nothing to track but a cold and dry hit next week.  After that is just too far out. 

The last two years, we've seemed to score in late February with these +PDO/+PNA/-EPO regimes.  Maybe we get a threat then.  I'm thinking the last week in February.   

But in any event, we had a nice little glancing blow event two weeks ago so not hating this winter if nothing else pans out. 

Phil didn't see his shadow. Spring is just around the corner.

Sad but true.  Another crappy "winter" here imby.

I'm sure someone will jump in and say "BUT!  MARCH 1993!!1111!!1!1!".  Um, whatever, friends.  That was super rare and we aren't likely to see anything like it again in our lifetimes.

Here's hoping for a calm and quiet spring, and few to no landfalling 'canes this year.

Sad but true. Another crappy "winter" here imby.

I'm sure someone will jump in and say "BUT! MARCH 1993!!1111!!1!1!". Um, whatever, friends. That was super rare and we aren't likely to see anything like it again in our lifetimes.

Here's hoping for a calm and quiet spring, and few to no landfalling 'canes this year.

el ninos usually mean crappy winters in GA right ? Maybe next year with La Nina we will have better luck. La Nina definitely was kind to us in 2010-11.

So what are we missing? What is keeping us from having more snow in this supposedly great setup that had mets predicting us getting 150% of normal snowfall here? Or does our weather these days just not work the same as it did in the past with similar setups?

I think you're missing the fact that it's Feb 2.

Archived