joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"read more and post less" TY for the advice.....indeed with that type post in response to mine i am in the wrong place...again TY for making that clear.

don't let anyone run you off bill. We need more posters from Alabama. You are right that some people on the other board do want to see a major tornado outbreak. People on this board are not crazy like that.

Lots of people root for killer hurricanes, too. Plus, the snowstorms that most of us root on cause costly damage, lossed productivity and income, and loss of life, as well.

yeah there's no doubt that snow and ice storms cause a lot of damage and even loss of life, but I'd rather go through a snowstorm than a tornado outbreak anyday.

yeah there's no doubt that snow and ice storms cause a lot of damage and even loss of life, but I'd rather go through a snowstorm than a tornado outbreak anyday.

I don't disagree and I'm not a huge severe weather fan myself. I just think that ultimately we all root on weather phenomena that cause pain and suffering for some. It is what it is.

Great seeing the potential is still there for some fun next week. That's all we can ask for right now.

There are a lot of different solutions showing on the models now, some that give a lot of folks snow.

So what are we missing? What is keeping us from having more snow in this supposedly great setup that had mets predicting us getting 150% of normal snowfall here? Or does our weather these days just not work the same as it did in the past with similar setups?

Doesn't seem like much is showing in the future, though.

Please stop.

el ninos usually mean crappy winters in GA right ? Maybe next year with La Nina we will have better luck. La Nina definitely was kind to us in 2010-11.

I think they both mean crappy winters in GA, honestly.  When we get snow it's sheer luck, especially right here in the middle of the northern part of the state (at the western edge for CAD coverage, and yet we're a bit too far east for runners up through TN - we are a giant snow hole from both sides).

Archived