• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

I don't get why TWC has made a name for the storm effecting the northeast tomorrow. They are saying 3-6" for the northeast. Isn't that just a typical winter storm in new England ?

Because basically BOS hasn't had squat all winter, so it's basically like a winter event in the south . And there were lollipops of 5-8" outside of Boston , so sizeable event

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why TWC has made a name for the storm effecting the northeast tomorrow. They are saying 3-6" for the northeast. Isn't that just a typical winter storm in new England ? Shouldn't they only have named storms for major or significant winter storms ?

I think 3-6" will be the biggest storm Boston has had this winter, actually.

I don't get why TWC has made a name for the storm effecting the northeast tomorrow. They are saying 3-6" for the northeast. Isn't that just a typical winter storm in new England ? Shouldn't they only have named storms for major or significant winter storms ?

Money. Ratings.

Can someone tell me where Pack (NCRain) has been.  I read somewhere he was taking a little break but he has been gone for a while.  I know he got to some for being negative but he was a good poster and brought a lot to the board.

He's on vacation in a forum far far away I think.  Think he is making a point, or trying to.  Oddly snowlover91 disappeared around the same time.  Coincidence?

isn't that more of a nuisance type event for folks up there ?

Yeah, basically.

Can someone tell me where Pack (NCRain) has been.  I read somewhere he was taking a little break but he has been gone for a while.  I know he got to some for being negative but he was a good poster and brought a lot to the board.

He posts on another forum now.

Been tied up in litigation. Checked the last 3 GFS runs on a break (no time to look elsewhere).

What happened to the cold? 

All the 20's down here are gone and it looks to get warm by the 2nd week of Feb.

I know its the GFS, but it is quick and dirty access.

What happened?

Back on line later ....

Phil

You can still present the "truth" and not sound so pessimistic all the time. I know being optimistic or pessimistic is not going to change what happens, but a lot better to be positive in life than negative. 

I don't understand what difference it makes.  I can say it's not going to snow tomorrow or I can say it's not going to snow tomorrow but it'll be no snow w/ sunshine, rainbows and kittens the point still remains the same...It's not going to snow.  The only difference is you can't take hearing bad news w/out a bunch of fluff attached to it.

I don't understand what difference it makes.  If I say it's not going to snow tomorrow or if I say it's not going to snow tomorrow but it'll be no snow w/ sunshine, rainbows and kittens the point still remains the same...It's not going to snow.  The only difference is you can't take not getting your way w/out a bunch of fluff attached to it.

Because being pessimistic all the time is annoying. Doesn't have to be fluff. But saying things like the models look great now...but they're probably wrong. It'll never snow here. On and on. That is annoying to me. 

Because being pessimistic all the time is annoying. Doesn't have to be fluff. But saying things like the models look great now...but they're probably wrong. It'll never snow here. On and on. That is annoying to me. 

So what...Not learning a thing about reading models in 10 years is annoying to me but does it change anything?

I've coached teenagers with that same mindset. They rode the pine a lot.

Kind of different from a weather board and seeing if it's going to snow or not and playing ball. I don't think this is really that serious of a deal. That's why the pessimism is funny to me, too. Should be lighthearted and fun, and not have to be able to read the models and all that to still enjoy following things and if it's going to snow, or have a storm, or a hurricane, etc. I just like exciting weather. How we get there doesn't matter to me. 

Archived