• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 2016 Banter

JoshM

I was reading the storm thread and all o hear is the models suck.. well they only suck cause its not showing much for western nc.. the coast and coastal plains finally get a shot at some snow.. if it was showing snow for western nc this board would be crazy busy.. west nc already had their snowstorm now its east ncs chance at a little wintry precip.

What are you even talking about? The only one who is talking about west nc would be me and I could care less if we get snow from this. I am really pulling for my coastal brothers and sisters to get hammered, ATL snow showers, and a few inches for RDU.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate knowing just enough about weather to be able to weenie out with justification.  I wish I didn't know much at all so that way I could just be a weenie.  You guys have ruined me with your teachings.

My, how I miss the days of just turning on the weather channel and looking for a snow graphic.  Now I am absolutely hooked.  I could never do this for a living though.. stressful.. and I'd end up wrong 99% of the time due to internal weenieism.

I thought those that read the models would like to share the info. Just thought that was kind of the point of this place, to share the info that you don't get from watching your local TV news. Really no use to having a forum to talk about the models if people don't share the info. Used to folks like burger would give specifics as to totals and such for different places, and more people would post the maps to discuss. Doesn't seem to happen much anymore.

I thought those that read the models would like to share the info. Just thought that was kind of the point of this place, to share the info that you don't get from watching your local TV news. Really no use to having a forum to talk about the models if people don't share the info. Used to folks like burger would give specifics as to totals and such for different places, and more people would post the maps to discuss. Doesn't seem to happen much anymore.

The specifics will be dished out as we get closer.  There's no point in worrying about them now, aside from generalities.

He's flying out today, but I'm sure once he lands and gets settled in, he will be right here continuing his pbp  :wub:

How is he not a mod by now or some special tag?  Just not around much/doesnt want to deal with it?  A new tag for "Model PBP" or something would be awesome around here so that way people can know they are getting good info when they see the tag.

it's a place to come and learn not constantly depend on others. Post some charts and start a discussion.

Someone please start a thread for the mon-wed event. We are less than 3 days out.

Why so soon Mondays event is going to be rain outside the GA,SC,NC,TN,VA mountains.... Not until some real impulse come through after the initial frontal & trough axis. Monday is a showing a miller b tranfer over south VA. 

Why so soon Mondays event is going to be rain outside the GA,SC,NC,TN,VA mountains.... Not until some real impulse come through after the initial frontal & trough axis. Monday is a showing a miller b tranfer over south VA.

it looks like its going to be a nice event in the mountain areas and even non mountain areas could see a flizzard. looks like snow could start sun night in some areas. That's a little over 48 hours away.

the thought has crossed my mind. I'm just afraid of the big bust potential.

Yea,

I won't have too much invested as I can be to Columbia in less than 2 hours and I have friends I can stay with Saturday night scattered all over eastern SC. (just need to pick the right location), lol

it looks like its going to be a nice event in the mountain areas and even non mountain areas could see a flizzard. looks like snow could start sun night in some areas. That's a little over 48 hours away.

I guess ya didnt fully understand and catch what I was saying. Miller B transfer. Warm nose at some layer.

That is near the surface extending up to and pass 925mb.

Even though 850s support snow to the coast aloft with the clipper not at the surface. There is a primary transferring from GL south over VA. With that setup you have a southerly flow aka WAA.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_075_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=18&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&fhr=075&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20160205+18+UTC&ps=model&use_mins=no&scrollx=0&scrolly=539.9999882958155

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=075ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_075_925_temp_ht.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=925_temp_ht&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20160205+18+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

Yea,

I won't have too much invested as I can be to Columbia in less than 2 hours and I have friends I can stay with Saturday night scattered all over eastern SC. (just need to pick the right location), lol

if I do any chasing it'll probably be Mon and Tues since those are my days off. Thinking of either the Andrews, NC area or somewhere northwest of chatt. I may just stay home though.

Archived